Saturday, May 5, 2012

The Wild Art of Abandonment Blog Hop!

WELCOME to the WILD ART OF ABANDONMENT blog hop!!  The Wild Art of Abandonment is a fabulous class taught by Junelle Jacobsen with Christy Tominlinson.  


I recently took this 3 week course and had the best time.  Junelle's videos and art is an amazing inspiration and Christy jumps with her interpretation of lessons.  


One of the students involved Claire decided to have this blog hop students from the class.  I jumped on board to be a part of this wonderful hop.  


SO, if you arrived here from Chrissy DiMaria Farnan www.myhootdesigns.com then you are on the right track.  If not head over to Claire's blog to start this hop from the top!


So I thought I'd share some of the things I made during this class. 


Using pieces of 2 x 4, I was completely inspired and infatuated with Junelle's owls and have been sketching them and using them all the time:




Backside:


Then I decided to take an real book and use that as my art journal and decided to make it my owl book.  SO essentially anything I do in the book has to have an owl on each page:



Then here is a page I did with watercolors






Finally here is an altered eyeglass case I did based on Christy's project when she altered a wallet:



Phew sorry I hope you don't mind I shared a bunch.  I am thrilled to have taken this class thanks Junelle!  


Now be sure to continue on this hop and head on over to:  Stephanie Schutze http://www.scrapmanufaktur.blogspot.com/




Thanks for stopping by!


Maria

27 comments:

Chrissy Farnan said...

I love the butcher block on your art journal page!

Carin said...

Fantastic stuff! I love that you have taken it upon yourself to do a journal full of owls... I love that idea. I love the wooden block too. Just gorgeous!

Soul House said...

Thanks for sharing. Especially love the first photo.

Michelle said...

Your owls are so cute and the table on your journal page is just perfect filled with all those jars. Fun and happy. :)

cmcscraps said...

THanks for the idea of an eye glass case to alter. Haven't watch that video yet, but seen the amazing wallets on the Facebook group. Love having that outlit to share! Keep up the great art!

Claire Smillie said...

Noway! Don't mind at all, you could go on sharing all day and there'd still be no complaints coz you're work is ADORABLE! Love those cute little owls and a great idea to put one somewhere on each page! Your little block and glasses case are just fabulous too :) Thankyou so much for sharing with us

Trish said...

I love you little owl blocks!!! your eye glass case rocks... thank you for inviting us over for a chat... smooches

Jenna said...

Love your owls! They are so adorable!

GCgirl said...

So much fun with these owls!!! Thanks for sharing and giving me some new ideas :0). This class has been so much fun!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome stuff! You did good!!

Valerie said...

I love all you shared, and think your style is so fun and whimsical!
x, Val

Nordljus said...

What a wonderful idea to make an owl journal and include an owl on every page! Your work is beautiful, thanks for sharing them all!

ashley:) said...

Fun stuff, I am currently journaling in a real book too! Thanks for sharing...

Esperanza said...

I like the idea of the eyeglass case. Beautiful work, thanks for sharing!

Donna said...

Cool idea altering an eyeglass case!! Great work!

BarbaraH said...

For some reason I could only see the owls. But I love them, so cute.

Stephanie said...

Wow! I love your art journal page with the green background! Such vivid colors!

Torri ;o) said...

Ria what cute pages and blocks. They are just so fun you can't help but smile!!!!

Dolores Raml said...

Love all the ways you did your owls and your eyeglass case is awesome.

Cheri said...

your owls block is so cute and so unique!

Vicki, the GreenEyedLady said...

Thanks for sharing your art! I love your butcher block!

Mrs.C. said...

Darling Owls. The "girl" on the eye glasses case is fantastic. ♥

kelly hoernig said...

your owls are hootalicious with such sweet personalities - love that!

Kristie said...

Love all your little owls, especially on the blocks! What fun!

Ann-Margaret {Ann-Margaret's Visions} said...

I love all the fun things you shared, Maria!! Your butcher blocks are too cute, and I'm lovin' the "owl book" idea ~ I love cute owls, too!! Happy Creating!

Valerie Weller said...

I love your sweet owl blocks! fun idea to use owls throughout your pieces~ and that journal spread.... sweeeet! Thanks for sharing!

Julia said...

I love your owls! The 3 owls on the block are adorable. What a great book you will have filled with owls!