Friday, June 7, 2013

Unity FWF Friday!


TGIF!  It's Friday and time for Unity Friends with Flair!  Well as you know I've been on an art journal kick and still loving it.  This week I decided to use my "Owl" book.


This book started last year when I took the Wild Art of Abandonment with Christy Tominlinson.  I declared it my "owl" book when from that class we drew lots of great owls.  Now it's a book where each page or each spread has to have an owl on it!

So this week I have my owls using one of the newest stamps from Unity Stamp Co called Older, Wiser, Better Owl as well as the butterfly collage stamp called Written in the Wings.


The background is filled with stencils and lots of different Unity Stamps.  I just love this new butterfly stamp and am thinking you will see this stamp line the edges of my journal often! :-)

Here are photos that share supplies I used on this page:




And some more photos of the pages:






Well that's all for today!

Be sure to swing on by tomorrow for a fun Just Us Girls challenge where I will be using another fun Unity Stamp on a card!

Till later!

Maria

19 comments:

JennyKozar said...

this is just beautiful - love the overall feel of it.

Ruby said...

Very pretty pages. You did an amazing mixed media project.

Linda said...

this is very pretty, and butterflies are lovely.

Tracy said...

Hiya Maria, sorry I haven`t been around lately...adlre your "owl" journal and loved the story of how it came to be..eek you had a class with Christy Tomlinson..swooooon,lol!
Wishing you a great weekend
Hugs
Tracy
xoxo

Martha said...

What LOVELY journal pages!
Love the butterflies.

Julie Odil said...

Fantastic! I love the owls AND the butterfly. How did I miss THAT butterfly stamp? Your pages are wonderful!

JPScraps said...

Great pages Maria!

angie/shuggy said...

great pages!! i love the story of the owls.

Angeline Choo said...

Maria.. Stunning as always !!

Kary said...

The owls book is so cute!! Love the owls and of course the beautiful butterflies. Great job, Maria!!

LauraEva said...

What a beautiful creation!!!!WOW

Michelle said...

These are great pages!

Miwa said...

Beautiful! Isn't it so much fun to play with our art toys? :)

Karen (karey2005) said...

Another gorgeous journal page! I just LOVE them!

Cynthia said...

Great mixed media project, Maria.

libbym said...

Wow! You are rocking that journal!
Gorgeous! thanks for sharing!

Scrapper Myra said...

It looks sooo Cristy Thomlinson. Love the project. I have one of her inspirational projects incomplete waiting for me.

Corrie said...

Beautiful pages, great job

Jessi Fogan said...

How very fun! I love all the colours - so bright and fun and funky!!

Unity Stamp Co Tuesday Inspiration!

  I'm up on the UNITY BLOG today sharing some cards I made using 2 stamp sets! I used the February background of the month called   as...