Friday, May 9, 2014

Friends with Flair Friday

TGIF!  It's Unity Friday and time for Friends with Flair!  SO on Wednesday I signed up for the Watercolors for Cardmakers class from Online Card Classes. 

Here is a card I made using one of the watercolor techniques and my distress inks:


Here are the supplies I used:


I also used the swiss dots embossing folder from Cuttlebug and white Georgia Pacific.

I also have some fun crafty news to share!  You may have seen me post on Facebook but I have started a Mixed media challenge blog:

Introducing:


It will be geared to anyone interested in Mixed Media.  I think it's going to be great to try and draw in some carmakers who want to try new things.  We will have a challenge once a month and fun inspiration and ideas through out the month.  I hope you will come check us out and play along! I would love for you to share with your friends as well!!

I'm super excited to get started!  Stay tuned!

Maria

14 comments:

Waving My Wand said...

Super job on the watercolor..so bright and colorful. I've gotta get me some of those colors. For some reason I lean more towards earthy colors. Need to branch out!

Anonymous said...

I love this card & think that it is awesome that you have started a mixed media challenge. I need to remember to come & check it out. Hugs~Patti

Crystal said...

Love that fun color combo with your sentiment! Looking forward to some mixed media challenges too! It's time for me to start using all the supplies u bought ages ago!

Ruby said...

Very pretty card. Love the watercolouring.

Laurie said...

Beautifully done, Maria! I am taking that class too, isn't it wonderful?!! Soo much inspiration and I just love learning all the new techniques!!

Mandi said...

I love getting messy with distress inks great card!

Miwa said...

Ooooh, what a pretty card! Wow, this watercolor trend is HOT! I look forward to seeing your projects after your class!

Gaylynn said...

Love those bold bright colors. This makes me want to pull out my distress inks. :)

scrapper al said...

Beautiful! Love the watercoloring.

Lindsey said...

Love how vibrant this background is! Really sets of the sentiment. Awesome!

Shona said...

GORGEOUS!! I'm taking that class too. Isn't it awesome? Your watercolours look amazing. I love the vibrant colours. This is so eye-catching!

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Fantastic watercoloring!! The sentiment really stands out on your background you created :o) Love it!

Lucy E. said...

I love this! The colors are so bright! I hope to be able to play in your challenges on the new blog.

Donna K said...

B E A U T I F U L …just beautiful, Maria!

Unity Stamp Co Tuesday Inspiration!

  I'm up on the UNITY BLOG today sharing some cards I made using 2 stamp sets! I used the February background of the month called   as...