Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Fun with Echo Park

Have you seen Echo Park yet?? It's a fabulous new paper company launched earlier this year. The patterns of their collections are so amazing! I have a bunch of pages that I picked up at a scrapbook store but I need to get my hands on entire collections. It's on my wish list maybe Santa will bring me some! LOL!

I'm psyched to post these creations with you today, as I had a blast making them. EP is also currently holding a little "contest" where they will pick a few people to feature next week, how cool is that? Totally worth trying for!

First up I made an 8x8 layout using some paper from the "Walk in the Park" collection.


Check out that great flower! This is inspired from Tim Holtz's rosette flowers. I don't have the die but was able to make it myself with some EP paper and a scoreboard! I added a glitter brad to the inside. On my background I used some stamps from Unity Stamp Co. Did you know that Unity has teamed up with Echo Park and created some stamps to make EP's Little Boy Collection. I have a feeling we will be seeing more with that partnership!


Here is a close up of that flower:







I also have a second project using Echo Park papers to share with you today. I LOVE how this one turned out. You may know that Tim Holtz has started his 12 days of tags which I love to follow. So with that I was inspired to make a tag using my EP papers and yet another rosette.






Here I used the Life is Good and the Walk in the Park collections. Check out my title.... THAT is the little title, heading on the bottom of the 12 x 12 paper! You know from the strip you cut off to use the paper which shows you who the paper is made by. Isn't that the coolest? It made the perfect little title for my tag!


I used some fun fancy fibers for the top and grosgrain ribbon on the bottom. The button is from a fun collection I picked up at Michael's in the Christmas section.


Here is a close up of that awesome rosette:




So much fun! I love that I figured out how to easily make these rosettes!


That's it for now!


Thanks for stopping by!



No comments:

Unity Stamp Co Tuesday Inspiration!

  I'm up on the UNITY BLOG today sharing some cards I made using 2 stamp sets! I used the February background of the month called   as...