Friday, January 18, 2008

Lauren's Saturday Sketch


Ok, either I'm a day early for Lauren's weekly challenge or a week late? Hum.... OK, I'm a week late. I created this cutie a few days ago and now I'm catching up.

I used Ballet Blue (Stampin Up) cardstock. The embossed background is using spots and dots embossing folder for the Cuttlebug. The orange paper is from a stack pack by DCWV. I mounted the little cutie on Night of Navy (Stampin Up) and my ribbon is from Michael's. The final touch was the flower (source unknown) and great "gem" brad.

This little cutie is by Rubber Stampede, Little Suzy's Zoo. Can you believe I found him in the clearance at Michael's for $1!! I couldn't believe he was so unwanted, but now he found a happy home! :-) The chillin' sentiment is from MFT, Baby It's Cold Outside set. I used markers to color in not Copics yet except for the bit of blue that "shadows" him. I did receive my first round of markers from Gina K, some blues, brown and neutral colors. I really need to play with them. Maybe I'll show my practice piece of artwork, but it's so awful I need to think about that! LOLOL

4 comments:

Lauren (mytime) said...

You are ALWAYS welcome to play ANYTIME! This is super cute. I love the duck. Makes me want to skip V-Day and go right for Easter! LOL! It is early this year-WINK!

Aimee said...

this is too cute... I'm gonna have to play this afternoon.

Kerry Johnson said...

What a great deal on that stamp! And I love Suzy zoo - they speak to my heart. Love your card and your colouring is great. Can't wait to see what you do with your copics!

UrgentCookie said...

This chick is too cute. I like the jewel brad in the flower center. Great work. :0)

Unity Stamp Co Tuesday Inspiration!

  I'm up on the UNITY BLOG today sharing some cards I made using 2 stamp sets! I used the February background of the month called   as...