Saturday, April 26, 2008

Mothers Day from MFT

It's funny how you start with something for inspiration but end up with something else. That's what happened here. Every Saturday Lauren posts sketches on her blog so everyone can get creative. I've been absent for a while but I was all ready to pull it off this past week. This was her sketch from April 19 - Here.

Ok, so I took pieces of the sketch I suppose. LOL! I seriously sat down with it with all the best intentions. I wanted to use my new stamps I got from MFT. I really loved this set when I first saw it, so perfect for Mothers Day and Spring in general. When I started working with the sketch I realized that the image was a bit too big compared to what Lauren had in mind for her sketch. I really wanted to use this awesome Basic Grey paper as well. Basically my inspiration did come from Lauren and her sketch but as I started things shifted a bit. I'm hope Lauren won't mind too much. :-)

I used Copics and Primsacolor markers to color in. I use pop dots again to make the image pop out. Her lovely flower pot is decorated using the awesome Basic Grey cupcake paper as is the background patterned paper. Tamara will have some Basic Grey posted to the MDC website soon. I added stickles to the flowers as well a little bit of glitter is a must!

Details:
MFT - Happy Mothers Day set
Mothers & Daughets Creations - Basic Grey Paper
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder
Stickles Glitter by Ranger

Thanks for stopping by. Have a great rest of the weekend!

Till Later.....


3 comments:

Lauren (mytime) said...

Well I think its fabulous! Its all about INSPIRATION! I think your take is great. You dont have to follow it exact. THanks for the words of advice on my bog, and sharing your take on the sketch!

Lynda Benden said...

This is so pretty Maria! I love that stamp set and almost bought it! Your take on the sketch is great! Have a good day!

~Lynda

Anonymous said...

Wow, I have't seen the sketch yet, but I LOVE your take - great job!!

Unity Stamp Co Tuesday Inspiration!

  I'm up on the UNITY BLOG today sharing some cards I made using 2 stamp sets! I used the February background of the month called   as...