Sunday, April 13, 2008

Pineapple Riley


Each week in the Hanna Stamps SCS forum there is a challenge. Last Friday the challenge was to create a shaped card. I love shaped cards. Many times you can find cool templates online other times I make my shapes. For this challenge I made my own shape. I wanted to use this awesome Riley in the hammock and thought about what shape I can use. Well this Riley makes me think Hawaii! And when I think of Hawaii besides palm trees I think of pineapples! I remember when I went to Kauai and Maui for my honeymoon and the tropical fruit was amazing! So I tried my best to "draw" the pineapple shape. Actually I used PowerPoint and used one of the drawing lines to come up with the pineapple shape.

Details:
Image is Riley by Hanna Stamps. I colored him in using my Prismacolor and Copic makers. I mounted him on Stampin Up's chocolate chip. The cool flowers are from the Michael's bridal section and to them I added some stickles. The base of the pineapple is chocolate chip and these awesome background papers are by Cosmo Cricket, Fleuriste line. You can this great paper here. The awesome sentiment is a rub-on by Crate Paper and can be found here.

That's all for now. It was a busy weekend so I didn't get much done except Riley here. Hopefully this week I'll get some more done. And this week my new Hanna stamps should arrive!

Till later...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hush uuuuuuup!!
This pineapple is just fabulous! And you're right about that Cosmo paper! Marvelous, Maria!

~Bev

Deb Wood said...

This is absolutely fabulous and adorable!! I so love the pineapple, I can't draw a stick figure!!

Marilyn said...

You are so creative - I would never think to draw a pineapple shape for a card - this is so unique and fun! It really looks awesome!!

Carolyn King said...

oh well isnt that the CUTEST thing ever. Very clever--great job!

Unity Stamp Co Tuesday Inspiration!

  I'm up on the UNITY BLOG today sharing some cards I made using 2 stamp sets! I used the February background of the month called   as...