Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Glittery Bird Gift Holder

Isn't this a beautiful bird? I came across this great stamp set at my LSS, it's by Magenta. The full set is a "puzzle" set. It comes with a bunch of different sized self cling rubber stamps mostly floral and leaves. They are meant to mix and match on your acrylic block like a puzzle. For my sample I used just one stamp for now.

I colored using copics and added some Cotton Candy Stickles to the bird and some Diamond Stickles to some of the flowers. Did you know that Mothers & Daughters Creations now carries all the Ranger Stickles? I cut the image out and adhered it to the large nestablity which I cut out of Regal Rose by Stampin Up. The background floral paper is glitter by from the Nana's Nursery Stack back by DCWV.

So what is so cool about this? Do you remember when Stampin Up had a special with Wild Wasabi textured paper. I think they had some scored paper left over from another special and they packaged it as a new special. When I opened it they were scored in odd spots and not so that I can make a card. What I did was make a "tent" like card so you can fit a gift inside. Maybe some candy or a small gift. Great way to make party favors perhaps.

Here is a side view so you can see what I mean ------------------>


And here is a close up of the great bird and all his glitter.....




Well that's it for now.
Thanks for stopping by.
Till Later......







2 comments:

laos348 said...

What a great little gift holder. Nicely done on the bird.

Anonymous said...

This is so cool - so impressed by the way you just adapted to the weird fold in the paper - and of course the bird is awfully cute too - great job!

Unity Stamp Co Tuesday Inspiration!

  I'm up on the UNITY BLOG today sharing some cards I made using 2 stamp sets! I used the February background of the month called   as...