Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Twins by the shore


When I saw this image by Inkadinkadoo I knew I had to have it. It just makes me smile and reminds me of my 2 year b/g twins. SO SWEET! I will admit I didn't actually pick the stamp up until the other day. I saw Caroyln King's beautiful card on her blog using the same image which put me over the edge on enabling. I had seen the stamp before that but hesitated because wood mounted stamps are so expensive so I was waiting for a coupon :-) LOLOL! Anyhow, on a trip to AC Moore the other day I picked it up it was like $9.99. At the register I tried to use my Michael's coupon which they usually take but the one I had was for a percentage off the total and AC Moore does not except that kind in competitors coupons. BUT the lady was sooo kind as to give me the 40% off which would be a coupon discount!!! How awesome is that! These people see me in the stores all the time so I think they know my face by now!! LOLOL!!! Anyhow, for $6.00 it was not too bad. Of course on my journey I picked up a few other stamps that were discounted for $3.00 I will have more on that later. I swear I'm not cheap but who can resist a bargain, especially a stamp bargain!! LOLOL!

Enough ramble onto the card. I started with Blue Bayou and used my tiny bubbles (I think that is what they call it) embossing folder for the Cuttlebug. The "sand" like paper on bottom is by DCWV and is from a glitter stack pack. I used my square nesties to cut out the image and mounted it on River Rock. The ribbon is from Michael's and the little star shell is from a small shell collection I have. This one was store bought not the beach ones. But I do have bunch I picked up on the beach last weekend. I colored in using Copic and Prismacolor markers. I added Stickles to the clouds and water. If you love stickles like I do you can find them ALL at Mothers & Daughters Creations!

Well that's all for now. I hope to be back tomorrow before evening if I can because the finale of LOST is on so I will be quite busy for 3 hours! Yes they replay last week's episode but it's enhanced and they actually do make it so you want/have to watch it again! LOLOL!!!
Till Later......


6 comments:

Carolyn King said...

Absolutely beautiful! Love what you did with this stamp! (great deal too!)

Mandy said...

What a beautiful card! I love all the little details like the starfish on the ribbon! :)

Cindy Haffner said...

So adorable, awesome job.

Lynda Benden said...

This is just darling Maria!!! Oh my gosh, Lindsey is ordering me that stamp because I LOVE it too! It is perfect for my son and daughter! Great card!

laos348 said...

What a fantatic card - all the little details you added are perfect.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card! Wonderful image!
Have a great weekend
Hugs and smiles

Unity Stamp Co Tuesday Inspiration!

  I'm up on the UNITY BLOG today sharing some cards I made using 2 stamp sets! I used the February background of the month called   as...