Thursday, June 12, 2008

MDC Weekly Challenge


Each week the Mothers & Daughters Creations design team will have a challenge. This week is a color challenge: shades of yellow, green and blue - Think Summer! Well, when I think summer I think of the penguin stamps by Imaginisce.

I colored in this adorable penguin using copics and then added GLITTER! I used stickles in Lime Green for her skirt. The base of my card is Certainly Celery and the mat behind is Ballet Blue. The sentiment is also by Imaginisce and I heat embossed it using a dark blue but shiny powder. I used the swiss dots Cuttlebug embossing folder for the background texture. The paper behind the penguin and sentiment is by Daisy Bucket called Under the Boardwalk. I cut out one of the 4 squares and cut around the flowers so they pop out. Check out the paper in full here so you can see what I mean.

You will definitely want to swing by the other team members blogs as I am sure they have cooked up something fantastic to look at!



Thanks for stopping by!


Till Later....


6 comments:

Lesa said...

Cute Maria!

Jennifer Meyer said...

Cute card Maria, LOVE the fun color and cute design. Great job on the challenge. Jennifer :)

Lynda Benden said...

Ok, this is SO darn CUTE Maria!!! I just LOVE the penguin and the Cuttlebug is so perfect!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Maria, she is so sweet! I love the stickles skirt and love the way you cut out the Daisy Bucket paper behind her - so adorable! Great job with the color challenge!

Cindy Haffner said...

So sweet, awesome job.

Carolyn King said...

awww...how cute is that?!?!?

Unity Stamp Co Tuesday Inspiration!

  I'm up on the UNITY BLOG today sharing some cards I made using 2 stamp sets! I used the February background of the month called   as...