Saturday, January 15, 2011

Just Us Girls Color Challenge

This week our January guest, Carla has picked our awesome colors and Kristin is hosting on the JUGS BLOG. The colors this week are: pink/coral, aqua and green.


Here is what I came up with using one of my Tim Holtz's alterations dies and my new Big Shot!


The sentiment is from the December Unity Kit of the Month. I used all SU papers and added Dazzling diamonds to the bird. This looks so much better in real life! I think I need a photography lesson or what I probably really need is a better background and nice daylight!


Just Us Girls Design Team

Carla Suto~ January Guest Designer
How to play: You need to upload your project for this week's challenge to your online blog or public photo gallery. Leave a link that goes directly to your project in the linky form at the bottom of the JUGS post. If you upload to online galleries, please also use the keyword or tag, JUGS67. After you post to the linky you may also leave a comment on the JUGS post.

Deadline to be considered for the weekly "Chic of the Week" is 9:00 PM EST on Thursday, January 20. The linky form will close at that time. Our top pick "Chic of the Week" will be announced on the following Friday morning.


That's it for now!

Till later..

10 comments:

Kathryn B said...

Lovely job with the colors this week Maria! Love the Tim Holtz dies.

Carla S. said...

Beautiful card, Maria! I love the birdcage and blingy bird! Great choice of DP for the colors!

Kristin Eberline said...

I can totally see the shimmer on the bird, Maria! So pretty ♥ I know what you mean about wanting photography lessons though...I'm right behind you...I want some TOO! So much to learn, so little time :]

Lisa Kind said...

Gotta love the TH dies! I love this birdcage. We did a project with this one and the bird at the class I took with him! You did a great job with it! Have fun with your Big Shot!

Andrea M said...

Very pretty Maria!!! Love that sparkly bird - just so fab! I'm gonna have to look into the TH dies!! I really wish I knew how to make my camera perform a bit better too :) I just got a Big Shot, after having the Cuttlebug for 2 years, and I LOVE it!!! Hope you love yours too!!!

Dana Gustafson said...

Oh my sparkle and bling! Bring on the shimmer of spring. Love it!

AKiteFlier said...

FUn card - great job with the colors. You did a nice job with your new BigShot!! Rock on girl!

Michele Kovack said...

Beautiful! And who doesn't love a glittery bird? ; )

milkcan said...

Beautiful card! And I'm delighted that you're participating in Art Journal Every Day!

Linda said...

That so cute I love the colors!!

Unity Stamp Co Tuesday Inspiration!

  I'm up on the UNITY BLOG today sharing some cards I made using 2 stamp sets! I used the February background of the month called   as...