Saturday, August 8, 2009

My Time To Create

This week the My Time To Create challenge is an inspiration challenge. Check out this great picture:


First I admit I took this as a color challenge and tried to use the 4 awesome colors in the circles. Then I went to grab the image to post here and had an "ah ha" moment! In my defense I had a busy week and went out last night which was a blast so I just finished my creation at 11:30pm Friday night! LOL!

Here is what I did I created a layout trying to incorporate those 4 colors and I used a great sketch by Amber from the Unity DT. You can check it out here in the Unity SCS forum.



Be sure to check out what the DT cooked up:


Lauren Meader
Alicia Weiman
Dana Gustafson
Jen Tapler
Kendra Wisenbaker
Kristin Bueter
Mackenzie Bruckler
Odette
Tamara Harder

Here is some super fun news. Each week 5 participates will be chosen by Lauren in a new feature called My Time To Shine!

Here are this week's featured stampers:

Alicia
Georgia
Kathryn
Nicki
Jay_Bee

Be sure to swing by and check out their awesome creations!

That's it for now, have a fantastic weekend!

6 comments:

AKiteFlier said...

SUper cute Maria - love the way you pulled it all together. It's so fun to do inspiration challenges because you can pull color or layout or fabrics or whatever speaks to you.

Kristin Eberline said...

Maria~

How funny that you used the colors to create your project (which is ADORABLE btw), and you ended up using the picture unknowingly. Your designer paper and flowers kind of reflect the patterns and fabric feel of the inspiration piece! Very cool! I love the picture of your sweet little model also :O) She's a CUTIE!

I was up late last night finishing my project as well. I didn't get done until 1! Ugh...I usually finish the weekend before the challenge. LOL

Great job with the challenge girly!!

Dana Gustafson said...

Super cute Maria! Your little sweetie looks adorable nestled among the flowers and sweet DP's on your layout. YOu make me want to SCRAP today!!

Handmade by Odette said...

Wow! this is a super cute layout Maria, and your little one looks so gorgeous! makes me want to have a little girl! I only have two boys :).
Nice job!!

Holly Jones said...

cute page

Unknown said...

VERY cute Maria-- love that cutie patootie in the picture -- great subject matter!

Unity Stamp Co Tuesday Inspiration!

  I'm up on the UNITY BLOG today sharing some cards I made using 2 stamp sets! I used the February background of the month called   as...