Thursday, August 21, 2014

Mixed Media Card Challenge - SUMMER


I can't believe August is almost over!!  Oh goodness!  I'm not a huge fan of summer and the heat I do love Fall but time goes by so fast!  And it was nice having the kids around the house.  

So let's not let summer go yet.  This month's theme at The Mixed Media Card Challenges is SUMMER with a optional element of BURLAP.  

Here is another simple card I made:



I found some cute flip flop buttons in my stash that I thought would work in the corner.  My background is using Tim  Hotlz Distress Inks direct to paper and a stencil.  I cut the words out from a piece of scrapbook paper. 

Close up:


Here are some supplies I used:


Be sure to swing on by the MIXED MEDIA CARD CHALLENGES and play along with us!

Well that's all for now!

Thanks for stopping by!

Maria

2 comments:

Loll said...

Hi Maria. Now that's the way to celebrate summer!! Makin' a splash at the beach. Love the bright colors ... and those flip-flop buttons are ADORABLE! Loll xx

Julia Aston said...

Great stenciling on this splashy summer card Maria!

Unity Stamp Co Tuesday Inspiration!

  I'm up on the UNITY BLOG today sharing some cards I made using 2 stamp sets! I used the February background of the month called   as...