Thursday, July 3, 2008

Black Magic - MDC Weekly Challenge

Here we are again Thursday and another Mothers & Daughters Creations challenge. This week the challenge was to use the new awesome Core'dinations Black magic paper.

Have you seen this cool stuff yet? It's black heavy weight slightly textured paper and the "magic" part is that when you rip, sand or antique the paper the colored core comes through. It's pretty cool. So for my creation (can you believe no stamping on this one? It almost felt wrong) I decided to go with a Happy Birthday 4th of July theme, the 4th of July is a Birthday isn't it? I used my cuttlebug to get the embossed happy birthday collage, then with a sandpaper I sanded over it to expose the awesome color underneath which is a light blue. I then ripped around the edges to show more blue and add more texture. How cool is that? Check out the MDC site for links to awesome tutorials on this great stuff. Don't forget to add a few packs to your shopping cart!

The little flowers are from Michael's bridal section and I colored them with Copic Markers and added some white liquid pearls to the middle. The ribbon is from the target dollar spot and I added the paper piercing with my SU paper piercing template. I can't believe I have no stamping on this but I wanted to really have the awesome paper as the complete focal point, that was the challenge right?

Be sure to stop by the blogs of the other Design Team members for their awesome "Black Magic" creations!
Thanks for stopping by!

Till Later.....


6 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Super pretty, I love your flowers.

Lynda Benden said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lynda Benden said...

ok, I screwed up on my first post!!! This is very pretty Maria and I love how you used the red, white and blue!

Lesa said...

Super cute! I love these colors. Wow!

Anonymous said...

Cool! I love the theme, the colors, the copic colored flowers, and the way you made the paper the focal point... awesome job on the challenge!

Jennifer Meyer said...

Cute card Maria, LOVE the fun design and cute embossing.

Great job, Jennifer :)

Unity Stamp Co Tuesday Inspiration!

  I'm up on the UNITY BLOG today sharing some cards I made using 2 stamp sets! I used the February background of the month called   as...