Friday, July 25, 2008

It's a Hoot...

This is my first creation using the July
kit of the month - "It's the Little Things" from Unity Stamps. The kit of the month sets are limited sets and are available only during their release month then gone forever! How cute are these owls? I decided to do the Joy Fold card by Beate Johns the tutorial was posted this past Wednesday on SCS here... I love these fold and flap type cards.
This cool looking patterned paper (Memory Keepers) I actually picked up at Marshalls! They had a bunch of scrapbooking supplies there real cheap of course! This came as a pack and I was not sure what else was in the pack. Actually it was this same pattern and about 30 sheets of it! LOLOL!! Well, it might come in handy for fall designs.

I heat embossed the frame, owls and mushroom. The striped paper is Basic Grey and the solid papers are Stampin Up!

Here is the inside of this "joy fold" card:

I know it turned out a bit plain on the inside but not too bad. The tree and sentiment are also by Unity from their ecoChic kit.

Today I joined the SCS Fan Club FINALLY! SO I have been checking out all that great stuff and starting playing in the Dirty Dare '08! Woo Hoo!! Where you at the release party for Gina K last night? I popped in and out but saw the new sets, OMG how awesome are they! I love them and need to get an order in ASAP!

Well that's it for now!

Till later...



1 comment:

Lynda Benden said...

This is darling Maria! The layout and details are fantastic!

Unity Stamp Co Tuesday Inspiration!

  I'm up on the UNITY BLOG today sharing some cards I made using 2 stamp sets! I used the February background of the month called   as...