Friday, March 27, 2015

Friends with Flair Friday

TGIF!  Time for Unity Friends with Flair!  So yesterday afternoon I realized it was Thursday and I really needed something for FWF! I pulled out my Dylusions journal (I have both sizes but I used the smaller one) this one:

I used the new Dylusions paints


These paints are AMAZING!  I heard Dyan was releasing paints and thought yeah whatever.  I then saw her demo them at CHA via youtube and was intrigued but still like ok it's paint.  She describes them as different from regular craft paint and they dry fast.

WELL I got them all 12 of course and using a small round foam dauber (the Ranger ones) I covered the background of one of the pages in a grid format like she showed in her video. First of all it dried FAST!  Secondly, it DOES NOT feel like paint!  I kid you not!  You know how when you use crafty paints from Michael's and you rub your hand over the dried page it's gritty, or chalky?  You can feel it? It's weird right?  THIS paint didn't feel like that AT ALL!  It was smooth and it feels like the paper not paint!  Hard to explain but you should try them!

Here is what I made yesterday using Unity Stamps:





I used yellow and orange with a baby wipe for the background color, nothing fancy.  I then used a Dylusions stencil in the background along with lots of Unity Stamps.  The image that looks like writing in the background is Unity's She Script by Christy Tomlinson.

I used some of the paint and watercolor to fill this in.

Finished

I never used glue sticks.  But I saw Dyan use them in videos and thought what the heck it's less messy then the gel mediums I use.  This glue stick is awesome.  I've only used it in this journal over the paints and inks and not in other journals where I used a lot of other mediums so I don't know how it holds up there.

Stamps and paper used



Thanks for stopping by!!

Maria

21 comments:

Janis Lewis said...

Wow, Maria. This is amazing. I saw you submitted this on the Unity site, and wanted to pop over. I love seeing artists' paint journals. Wish I could do it. It's just gorgeous.

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Another fantastic Journal creation, Maria. Amazing colors and depth.

TangledBlueRose said...

Gorgeous! So love those paints, brilliant colors. Thanks so much sharing! Happy weekend!~kim

Ruby said...

Beautiful journal page. Love the deep colours.

Doreen said...

Love your gorgeous Journal page.xxx

Brandi R said...

Gorgeous! LOVE all the colors....so bright and just beautiful ♥

Linda said...

gorgeous Journal page

Carol said...

Fabulous journalling...love the gorgeous colours.

Crystal said...

Your journal spread is awesome and you are right, those paints are AH-MAZE-ING!!! I got to take a class with Dyan last month and use them and I just fell in love with how easy they were to use in your journal and the vibrant colors are a huge love of mine too. Thanks for sharing your beautiful page!

DIANA L. said...

Awesome journaling I love what you did here and the colors are gorgeous. Thanks for sharing your beautiful piece of art work.
I saw this on Unity FWF. Have a blessed day
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

D- said...

What beautiful pages. Thanks for sharing.
I saw your journal at Unity's FWF hop.
Crafty hugs,
Dawn
DesignsByDragonfly {blogspot}

Anonymous said...

I love when people share and describe their art journals. I learn so much from the techniques and products they try or experiment with. I also love the SheArt stamps you used. I'm building my collection of them for some projects as well. Thanks so much for sharing!

Donna K said...

Oh. Those. Paints!! Love your journal pages Maria!!

Gaylynn said...

Love the way you used the paints. Your journaling art really pops with color.

Becca Yahrling said...

I am in awe! Simply awesome works of art. This inspires me to make a small art journal of my own.

Unknown said...

WOW! Incredible. Love your use of color and the background you created. From FwF.

Kim
Craftisan Studios
Design Team Showcase

Lilian said...

Beautiful art journal pages! Came from FwFlair...

Dawn Fields said...

These journal pages are gorgeous! I'm going to have to get my hands on these paints. I met Dyan Reavely at a stamp convention in Akron Ohio a year ago; she is amazing!

Sue D said...

Awesome pages and thanks for the product reviews.

ionabunny said...

Great pages. Love those colours. Hugz

Janis said...

Those new paints look and sound like they are just amazing! LOVE what you did here. Totally rocking!!!
Hi from one of your Friends with Flair!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Unity Stamp Co Tuesday Inspiration!

  I'm up on the UNITY BLOG today sharing some cards I made using 2 stamp sets! I used the February background of the month called   as...