Monday, August 30, 2010

Canvas Scrapbook Layout

I made my first layout using canvas! I picked up some canvas - Painters Canvas Drop Cloth from Lowe's last week. This one was thicker and better than the one I got at Home Depot and it didn't have the protective plastic back like the HD one.

I cut a piece and ironed it, then glued the edges for a clean look. The other day I told my DH that I don't iron so be sure your pants don't wrinkle. Then he came out to find me with iron in hand ironing my canvas! LOL!

I picked up some beautiful Prima flowers from Michael's and the other embellishments I already had in my stash. But these flowers I love them and thought they would pair nice with my wedding picture! I will be celebrating my 10th wedding anniversary next week so I thought this would be a really nice project to work on right now.




I took a view different pictures trying to get a nice one. If anyone has suggestions on getting a good shot of a 12x12 page let me know! But here are a few more shots and close ups:









I primed the canvas with Gesso, then used a light pink mixed with white acrylic paints for paint the background. I tried some "dry brushing" in there for an effect. This piece is inspired by the lovely Donna Downey and her "You" Fabric Layout, video found HERE.

The "LOVE" sentiment is from the Sept Unity KOTM. And my other embellishments are chip board pieces, that pink mesh and some pretty ribbon. All of which I found in my stash of stuff.

Let me know what you think good or bad I want to hear it!

This was alot of fun putting together now I should get a frame for it. I thought I had a 12 x 12 scrapbook frame but didn't.

Well that's it for now!

Thanks for stopping by!


3 comments:

Tam said...

So soft and pretty - what lovely work :)

JennyKozar said...

That is really beautiful - I love the flowers. And - Happy Anniversary (almost!).

TFS.

Jessica Diedrich said...

OMGOSH I LOVE THIS!!! I have been wanting to stamp on canvas for a while now-you are totally inspiring me! Beautiful!!!!

Unity Stamp Co Tuesday Inspiration!

  I'm up on the UNITY BLOG today sharing some cards I made using 2 stamp sets! I used the February background of the month called   as...