Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Unity Addicts Challenge Wednesday

Welcome to Wednesday and a new Unity Addicts Challenge!!! I just posted the new challenge in the Unity Challenge forum HERE! This week Angie is our guest and she picked a fabulous challenge for us! To stamp on anything but paper!! I have totally been into this type of stamping lately, especially trying canvas etc. Love Donna Downey's inspiration video's and work. And today is Wednesday which means Donna Downey may have a new inspiration video! FUN STUFF!

Anyhow, here is what I came up with for the Unity Addicts Challenge!



For these I stamped on canvas. Ok so I didn't use any fancy artist canvas. My Unity Addict Guest and friend Angie is the one who told me about this canvas! It's a cotton canvas drop cloth from the Home Depot! NO JOKE! I just went with it, didn't' prime it first or anything. I used some Tim Holtz Distress inks to ink the background. Then I stamped the flowers (Donna Downey for Unity) in Stazon as well as the sentiments in black stazon. I mounted it on cardstock and finished off the card.

Here are a few close up views:






I suppose it looks a little raw but I thought it came out rather neat. This type of stamping and creating is taking my stamping to a different level. I also finished one page of my inspiration journal which I will share soon as well!

That's it for now! I'll be back tomorrow with a fun new Treehouse Challenge!

Till later!

4 comments:

Angie Blom said...

WOW.. it looks amazing Maria, It is all so chrisp and clean. I just love it!!

Lisa Kind said...

This is so cool, Maria! I LOVE it! Home Depot, huh? My hubby is always there...I think I'll tell him to pick some up for me! Thanks for the inspiration! Love these!

Toni K said...

Great cards! I love stamping on canvas! I think I need to go get me a canvas dropcloth!

Anne Tussing said...

I like your cards. I don't think they look raw at all, just texturized and cool.

Unity Stamp Co Tuesday Inspiration!

  I'm up on the UNITY BLOG today sharing some cards I made using 2 stamp sets! I used the February background of the month called   as...