Friday, August 20, 2010

Unity Friends with Flair Friday

Unity Stamp Company



It's Friday again and time for Unity Friends with Flair! This week I have my first page of my inspiration journal to show you. Last week I made my own inspired by the fabulous Donna Downey! The whole idea is a bit out of my element but I love that, very excited to be working on something new and different.


So I used the Donna Downey set by Unity called "She"....




My first page came out pretty simple, not over the top artistic or anything but nonetheless I like how it turned out. I want to get all cool and funky but that will probably take practice :-)

The background is just a simple yellow with some blue added. I inked the edges in the new SU blue called Pacific Point. The sentiment BELIEVE is a piece of chipboard which I covered with Glimmer Mists and added Ranger Distress Crackle Paint - Rock Candy Clear. The flowers in the lower right corner was me wondering if my canvas (the canvas dropcloth material from Home Depot) will cut using my nesties and cuttlebug! Guess what it worked! :-) I colored the fabric with inks. I stamped the girl in Stazon black and used water color crayons to color the hair. (the water color crayons, other first for me!) I'm going to show some close ups below but I used Spica Pens to add glitz to her hair and stickles to her red lips.

Closeups:







Well that's it for now. Any suggestions or places of inspiration you can suggest I would love to hear!

Be sure to swing on by the UNITY BLOG for a full list of FWF participants! You will want to hop along to all their blogs as one person is hiding the FWF Blinkie and if you find it and leave that person a comment you will be in the running for some Unity stamps which is picked randomly.

Thanks so much for stopping by!


Till later...

14 comments:

Rachel B said...

Absolutely fabulous! I love the flower too. so cool!

StampinCathy said...

This is beautiful. I just love this set and hope one day I will have it too!

Anne Tussing said...

Great first page for your journal! I love what you did with the watercolor crayons! Her hair looks fabulous!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

That flower is FUN! I love that SHE set--must have!

Linda said...

that is cool layering that button!

farmhouse-story said...

maria, this is so creative and beautiful!

Laurel said...

Love it!

Lori said...

Very cool! Love the layered flower.

Marilyn Nimmo said...

LOVE this--the flower is something I will need to try. It is great to stretch your creativity!

Regina said...

Love how your page came out - so creative - way to stretch yourself. Love the Home Depot drop cloth canvas - came out well.

Scrapcollectr said...

SHE is so beauty-ful. SHE will be your muse! Have fun with your journal!
=D

JenMarie said...

Lovely!!

Pamela said...

Love it! :)

Unknown said...

how pretty.

Unity Stamp Co Tuesday Inspiration!

  I'm up on the UNITY BLOG today sharing some cards I made using 2 stamp sets! I used the February background of the month called   as...