Friday, August 13, 2010

Unity Friends with Flair Friday

Unity Stamp Company


TGIF!! It's Friday and that means UNITY FRIENDS WITH FLAIR FRIDAY! Be sure to swing on by the Unity Blog today for the full list of those participating!

This week I'm sharing an "altered" piece using the Donna Downey kit called "She". I used a small wooden frame from Michael's. These are great unfinished frames for $1, so perfect for our stamping craft. I sprayed Glimmer Mists and some Ranger colors on them. Then stamped using a Donna Downey flower in black stazon. You'll notice my flowers are not straight up and down? Well, after I stamped them all nice nice I realized that I didn't have the frame facing the right way, you know I didn't have the top (where the hanging piece is on back) at the top! OH WELL I said, and just went with it. I think it's ok though.




Close up of the fabulous quote:


Well that's it for now!


23 comments:

Carolyn King said...

oh...that is beautiful. (You can always change the hanger-glad i am not the only one who does that stuff!) What a beautiful wall decor-love the quote!

Jessica Diedrich said...

This is SO pretty! LOVE the bright pink and that pretty flower!

Lisa said...

Fabulous!!!!! This gives me ideas!

JazzyH said...

Very nice! I love the sayings.

JennyKozar said...

I like it anyway. I do stuff like that all the time - Yikes!

NoraAnne said...

This is gorgeous! Love the colors and all of the texture!!!!! Beautiful and no one will notice the flowers going the wrong way unless you point it out!

JPScraps said...

Beautiful. The flowers were put that way intentionally...right??

Regina said...

The "She" set is one of my absolute favorites -- I've been stalking different shops to see when they'll be available again.

LOVE how you used the $1 frame and the stamp set -- BEAUTIFUL!

Anonymous said...

Very Pretty!!

Linda said...

oh...that is beautiful

jo said...

This is gorgeous Maria! Fabulous colour!!

shuggy said...

very nice!

Julie said...

Very very pretty!!!

dahlhousedesigns said...

This looks wonderful!

lisa a.

Rona said...

Pretty- I just can't get enough of this donna downey stuff!!

donnadowney said...

wow the journal is incredible and i just think your CREATIVE! love what you've done!

Lori said...

So pretty! Love the sparkle and shimmer.

Laurel said...

Wow, gorgeous!

Carolina said...

What a beautiful card - love the pink background, makes the sentiment just pop!

Unknown said...

This is absolutely beautiful.... I love it!!!

Thank you so much for sharing!!!

~Ola
okj83 at live dot com

Cassandra Chen said...

Hey!thanks for sharing!love the quote lots!

Scrapcollectr said...

Beauty-ful!

Suzi said...

Beautiful!!

Unity Stamp Co Tuesday Inspiration!

  I'm up on the UNITY BLOG today sharing some cards I made using 2 stamp sets! I used the February background of the month called   as...