Monday, April 18, 2011

Hippity Hop with Ippity Chicks

It's been a long time since I did an "hippity hop" but I'm so glad I signed up this week. This past week I pulled out my poor Ippity stamps and got to work. Lately I've been into taking paint and stamps to canvas to create little "works of art", ok well maybe fabulous "works" but I would like to think maybe one day I'll get there :-) After taking Soul Restoration and then the She Art class I have gotten into this mixed media stuff! LOL!!! Here is what I did using many different Ippity stamps on a 5x7 piece of canvas board:


Like I said I used alot of Ippity stamps! The background started with some paint and a little bit of patterned paper, then the stamps took over! The bird was stamped onto pattern paper and I paper pieced the wing in with a different pattern paper. The branches are from the bird SU punch.


Check out the flower (Prima):



YES you can stamp on your flowers!! Why the heck not!!


Be sure to stop by the Ippity Blog to be sure you hop on the right track!


Thanks for stopping by!


Till Later....


3 comments:

farmhouse-story said...

i'm taking the she art class now, and i see that insiration in your card-love it, maria!

Patricia said...

What an amazing work of art, Maria!! I am so tempted to take the class because I just love what you girls are doing with it. Paint art was my first passion before finding paper crafting.

NoraAnne said...

So fun! I'm glad you are back in the hops sharing your ippity creations, these stamps work so well with mixed media art!

Unity Stamp Co Tuesday Inspiration!

  I'm up on the UNITY BLOG today sharing some cards I made using 2 stamp sets! I used the February background of the month called   as...