Friday, April 22, 2011

Unity Friends with Flair Friday


Hey there TGIF! Friday means another Friends with Flair over at Unity Stamp Co. There is also a set up for grabs for $2!!


This week Lesley Langdon shared a fun technique using distress inks. I had to try and came up with this:



So next was to use it on a card or project. I've been super busy all week and didn't get much time to play but late last night I did this:




BUT I don't like it. I think it's the ribbon that just does not work. But I used score tape so I didn't want to mess with the whole thing. At first I thought the black and pink would look cool but it doesn't really. I decided to just roll with it anyhow because we don't always like every piece we make right? How many times have you tossed a card out because you didn't like how it was coming along or even the end product. I figured why not just go with it and share the good ones and not so good ones. Maybe later I can play with it and take that darn ribbon off and "fix" it to look a little better.

Well, I did do the same technique but on a different surface to hopefully this weekend I will play with that.

That's it for now!

Thanks for stopping by!

19 comments:

Gwen said...

I do like this card! Your technique turned out so gorgeous! I always tell myself just because I don't like something doesn't mean someone else won't. We all have different tastes and "its all good"!!

Rachel B said...

I love how you used the design to make the card. I still plan on doing this technique, hopefully today!

Patricia said...

I LOVE your card!! You rocked the technique and I think the ribbon looks awesome!!

Jennine Chambers said...

Well done! Great card!

sharon g said...

I haven't tried this technique yet, but it does remind me of what we did as kiddos with crayons.

Sarah B. said...

I don't know why you don't like it - the ribbon looks fabulous!

stampjourney said...

GORGEOUS use of the featured technique this week! Love it!

Carol said...

Wow! Lovely card! The colors are beautiful.

Carol B
ciaoitalia2007(at)gmail(dot)com

Toni K said...

You did great on that technique! Love it!

Anne said...

Your technique flower looks amazing! I think the ribbon looks great with it too:) Great card!

Erin said...

We are our own worst critics, your card is FAB!!!

jennifer mitten said...

Erin is right - we are our own worst critics and your card is great!

My Angel said...

Your card is FAB~

Tenia Nelson said...

Super fabbie card!!

Katrina said...

I can't wait to try this....and totally know what you mean about something just not working.....sleep on it...sometimes it helps!!! And it's a great card!!! hugs, Katrina

beadz said...

Cool card!
hugs,
Gini

Kary said...

Hi Maria, the technique is cool and turned out really well. Well done, GF!

Ashley Nguyen Newell said...

This is lovely!

Noelle Reese said...

I like it! We are our own worst critics! I just said that yesterday in my post LOL I decided the pearls were just too small and didn't work at all LOL