Friday, April 22, 2011

Unity Friends with Flair Friday


Hey there TGIF! Friday means another Friends with Flair over at Unity Stamp Co. There is also a set up for grabs for $2!!


This week Lesley Langdon shared a fun technique using distress inks. I had to try and came up with this:



So next was to use it on a card or project. I've been super busy all week and didn't get much time to play but late last night I did this:




BUT I don't like it. I think it's the ribbon that just does not work. But I used score tape so I didn't want to mess with the whole thing. At first I thought the black and pink would look cool but it doesn't really. I decided to just roll with it anyhow because we don't always like every piece we make right? How many times have you tossed a card out because you didn't like how it was coming along or even the end product. I figured why not just go with it and share the good ones and not so good ones. Maybe later I can play with it and take that darn ribbon off and "fix" it to look a little better.

Well, I did do the same technique but on a different surface to hopefully this weekend I will play with that.

That's it for now!

Thanks for stopping by!

18 comments:

Gwen said...

I do like this card! Your technique turned out so gorgeous! I always tell myself just because I don't like something doesn't mean someone else won't. We all have different tastes and "its all good"!!

Rachel B said...

I love how you used the design to make the card. I still plan on doing this technique, hopefully today!

Patricia said...

I LOVE your card!! You rocked the technique and I think the ribbon looks awesome!!

Jennine Chambers said...

Well done! Great card!

sharon g said...

I haven't tried this technique yet, but it does remind me of what we did as kiddos with crayons.

Sarah B. said...

I don't know why you don't like it - the ribbon looks fabulous!

stampjourney said...

GORGEOUS use of the featured technique this week! Love it!

Carol said...

Wow! Lovely card! The colors are beautiful.

Carol B
ciaoitalia2007(at)gmail(dot)com

Toni K said...

You did great on that technique! Love it!

Anne Tussing said...

Your technique flower looks amazing! I think the ribbon looks great with it too:) Great card!

Erin said...

We are our own worst critics, your card is FAB!!!

jennifer mitten said...

Erin is right - we are our own worst critics and your card is great!

Anonymous said...

Your card is FAB~

Tenia Nelson said...

Super fabbie card!!

Katrina Hunt said...

I can't wait to try this....and totally know what you mean about something just not working.....sleep on it...sometimes it helps!!! And it's a great card!!! hugs, Katrina

Unknown said...

Cool card!
hugs,
Gini

Kary said...

Hi Maria, the technique is cool and turned out really well. Well done, GF!

Noelle Reese said...

I like it! We are our own worst critics! I just said that yesterday in my post LOL I decided the pearls were just too small and didn't work at all LOL

Unity Stamp Co Tuesday Inspiration!

  I'm up on the UNITY BLOG today sharing some cards I made using 2 stamp sets! I used the February background of the month called   as...