Thursday, April 7, 2011

Stampendous Fun

I was at my local stamp store the other day and they had the new large Stampendous Cling stamps! These stamps are HUGE! I thought they would be fun and perfect to play around with in my art journal. I picked up one called "Cling Jumbo Hydrangea Set". This stamp measures about 5 inches across and approx 7 inches from top to end of stem! Now that's huge!

One journal that I have is a composition book which I covered with fun papers and I like to write in daily funny things about the kids and life. I've taken it to my daughter's ballet class and my son and I wait for her by drawing with crayons in the book. Later I write over it. SO, I stamped the flower in this journal and colored it with regular crayons and loved it! So simple and fun. Then I thought why not stamp this huge flower on the front of a card and color it with crayons? So I did:


The butterfly is also part of the set and she is popped up on SU dimensionals. The sentiment is by Unity Stamp Co.


How cute is this? SIMPLE SIMPLE, children's crayons! OK, so it's not a perfect coloring job and I did go outside the lines a bit! LOL! But I thought it came out pretty neat. Now this makes me think I should get some artist crayons to play with! Next up maybe some watercoloring... I have an Stampin Up water color crayon set and another one I got at Micheal's so I might have to play with those soon.


Thanks for stopping by!


Till later....


3 comments:

Taylor said...

LOVE this, Maria! How fun, with crayons! I love that idea -tfs :)

Wendy said...

Heck ya!!! Thanks for sharing the love Maria!!!!

wendyp said...

Gorgeous!!! I have a pile of my kids crayons sitting right here in my craft room. Going to have to give them a try!!!

Unity Stamp Co Tuesday Inspiration!

  I'm up on the UNITY BLOG today sharing some cards I made using 2 stamp sets! I used the February background of the month called   as...