Friday, February 15, 2013

Friends With Flair Friday

Hello friends!  It's Friday and time for Friends With Flair!  I've been busy lately with the kids and haven't made too many cards.  But that's ok I've been messing around in my art journal again though.  Finding videos online from Dyan Reaveley (Ranger).  I also found a great mixed media journalist via Youtube:  Limor Webber.  I've been picking up ideas and techniques from these gals.

Today I have a page I have been playing with and where I used Unity Stamps:



It's not a work of art by any means just a "canvas" to play on.  Here I used my Distress Inks and stencils (inspired by Limor)  to create the background.  Things like the black tag like stencil near the lower right corner just doesn't work well.  But those are things you learn from or go back and do something else with.  But the jar and sentiment are Unity.  The big black dots is Unity and the Hearts on the lower right corner is Unity.  I also used a Unity background stamp over all the stencils which might be hard to see.

The bright pink ink on the jar is the new neon inks by Hero Arts!  I picked up pink and green yesterday at my LSS.  VERY COOL STUFF!  I want more now.  Will be super fun in journals.

Anyhow, even though this is not fabulous I still thought I'd share because hey why not!  I love playing around with different products in a journal.  I feel like if it comes out great well that's fabulous and if not no worries shut the book or just turn the page.  OR just Gesso over it all and start over!

Thanks for stopping by today!

Happy Friday!!

Maria

16 comments:

Jen M said...

That background is sooo cool! Love all of the colors!

Ruby said...

This is another great page in your journal. Love the colours that you have chosen.

Angeline Choo said...

maria, this is BEAUTIFUL!! Love it very much. Thanks for sharing

Paula-Scrap Addict said...

WOW! this is so colorful and fun

Tracy said...

Loooove it Maria...love doing journal pages and getting all inky and paint splattered!!
Hugs
xoxo

Julie Odil said...

I love the bright colors of this. It seems so adventurous to me! What do you use for your art journal? I would like to try one.

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Great colorful background!! It is beautiful and it's your work of art!

Gaylynn said...

Stunning artwork. All of it is just beautiful. :)

Lucy E. said...

This looks really fun! I'd like to try something like this sometime.

Karen (karey2005) said...

I've been wanting to do something like this in a journal just to watch my style change and play with new techniques. Fun!

Scrappin' Diva said...

Wonderful page, loving the colors and layers!

Kellie 0:) said...

Wow. I love it. Thanks for sharing a piece of yourself with us. X

Scrapper Myra said...

Cool. Sharing your heart. Tks.

Michelle said...

Very very pretty!

Meredith said...

Love your color choices...sometimes 'playing' is the most fun!

Miwa said...

How cool is this? What a great idea to do an art journal!

Unity Stamp Co Tuesday Inspiration!

  I'm up on the UNITY BLOG today sharing some cards I made using 2 stamp sets! I used the February background of the month called   as...