Friday, February 22, 2013

Unity Friends with Flair Friday!

Hey there!

First off I want to thank the Unity gals for my FWF win last week, that was such an awesome surprise and treat!

So are you getting sick of journal pages?  Because I have more to share!  LOL!  I love making cards that is how I started in this hobby but since getting into mixed media I've been trying to play with more things and mediums etc.  It's fun to just mess around even if it does not come out great!

Here is a 2 page spread I did yesterday:


Yesterday new Angie Girls when on sale in the Unity shop and I was inspired to use one of the Angie Girls I currently have so I stamped Angie's Andie Girl and used watercolor crayons to color her in:


Then I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with her so I ripped her out (instead of cut) and put her in my journal:


My background is using Dylusions Sprays and Crafter Workshop stencils.  I used ink for the leaves which is also a stencil.

On the second page I used the Unity Alphabet set called Carnivale Alpha!  I LOVE this kit I haven't used it much up until now but it's wonderful and fabulous for art jounralling!


 On this second page I stamped using the alpha kit "Angie Girl" and on the bottom in white I wrote "and friend". :-)  SO I had to stick my little owl up top which is a Unity Itty Bitty!

This journal is actually a real book.  It's a hard back book I picked up at a book sale for .25!  I call this journal my owl journal.  I started it I think early last year while I was taking the Wild Art of Abandonment.  It's one  of Christy Tominlinson's classes.  We learned to draw quick fun owls so I created pages in this journal with owls and since I love them I decided to make this my "owl" journal which means I will use at least one owl on all pages even if small :-)

Here is the front cover:



I also wanted to share with you a different two page spread from this journal.  The owls here I drew myself and colored with water color crayons.  The background contains Unity stamps as well as stencils.


Well thank so much for stopping by today!!

Maria

20 comments:

Ava Gavloski said...

love those journal pages, keep them coming. great showcasing of the unity
ava g

Tracy said...

Hi Maria...loooove your journal pages and your owl book ...
Your owls are beautiful and hand drawn!!
It`s great getting all inky and painty...
Hugs
Tracy
xoxox

Jingle said...

These are great pages!

Jen M said...

I like your owl journal! They are so fun!

Julie Odil said...

Maria, I'm so glad you shared more journal pages today. I love looking at them. They give me ideas, if I ever find time enough to play. I got some books from the local library for a quarter, so I'm closer to starting. One of these days, I'll surprise you!

Ruby said...

Awesome creation. It is just gorgeous.

Crystal said...

Fun pages, I love the colors!

Sam said...

Love your journaling pages, so beauitful, great job showcaseing Unity stamps.

Linda said...

these are so fun and colorful and happy cards. sure to brighten someone day!

JPScraps said...

Your pages are wonderful! I really enjoy seeing them.

Gaylynn said...

Your mixed media projects are bold and beautiful using these new stamps. :)

Angeline Choo said...

What fun pages you have! Congrats on winning last week's FWF!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Thanks for sharing your lovely pages with us. They make me smile!

Karen (karey2005) said...

What a fun way to express your artistry! Love your journal!

Jessi Fogan said...

I am loving the Dylusions sprays! They are so much fun to play with & so INTENSE! I really, really love that you've used books for your art journals, and the owl journal? Such a cool idea to use one on every page!!

Glitzzynews blogspot said...

love your pages,colours are great,I love the owls.

Miwa said...

Such a neat art journal! The pages are beautiful!

Lindsey said...

This journal is so awesome, Maria! The fun you're having in its creation really shows through.

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Congrats on your win!! I think your journal pages are creative and fun!!

Angie said...

Great stuff. Love the mixed media you are creating!

Unity Stamp Co Tuesday Inspiration!

  I'm up on the UNITY BLOG today sharing some cards I made using 2 stamp sets! I used the February background of the month called   as...