Thursday, December 17, 2009

Treehouse Challenge Thursday

It's Thursday and another edition of the Treehouse Thursday Challenge! This week we have a fun color challenge: Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla and Pretty in Pink.

I decided to make a Christmas ornament for this challenge. I used the awesome poinsettia flower from the Christmas Favorites set.

Here is what I came up with:

This started as a paper mache round ornament I picked up at Michaels. I painted it a white base with plain acrylic paint. Then used a light pink (my "pretty in pink") acrylic paint and painted the sides in a brown. I stamped the sentiment in black on ivory paper and mounted it on a chocolate brown and added brown glitter brads.

Closeup:


The cool "cracking" on the base was achieved by using Tim Holtz Distress crackle paint. I used Rock Candy for mine. This one is crystal clear and gives you this fun cracked look!

Be sure to swing the Treehouse Blog and DT members to see what they cooked up for this fun challenge.

Also Treehouse Stamps has a home on Ning. Come and join our fourm! THE TREEHOUSE WORKSHOP.

That's it for now.

Thanks for stopping by!

Till later....




1 comment:

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

What a beautiful ornament, Maria!! I love those poinsettias done in pink, and the glittery one is fabulous!! Great job!!

Unity Stamp Co Tuesday Inspiration!

  I'm up on the UNITY BLOG today sharing some cards I made using 2 stamp sets! I used the February background of the month called   as...