Sunday, May 1, 2011

Unity TWEET TWEET Challenge

Did you know that today is Unity's 3rd Birthday!!!

Happy Birthday Unity!!!

OK, so I should have made a birthday card but I went the canvas and paint route for this month's Unity Challenge. All of the Unity Challenges are now a tab of their own on the Unity blog! Be sure to check it out a new monthly sketch challenge just went up today as well. This month's challenge is called Tweet Tweet and it is to incorporate a bird or two....



I decided to pull out a piece of stretched canvas (8x10) not canvas board this time. Using paint, Echo Park papers and many Unity stamps here is what I came up with This was fun to create, I just LOVE LOVE using paint, ink, stamps on canvas and in my art journal. This was one fun inky mess. I stamped all my images using Stazon but for the border of ink I used Liquid ink. I used Liquitex acrylic ink. It comes in a small bottle that has a top with an eyedropper attached. I just dropped some drops at the edge of the canvas and with my finger (of course) just rubbed it out all along the edge. I have a yellow and orange and I definitely need some more.

Here is another shot of the canvas close up:




Well that is it for now!

Till later....

4 comments:

magpiesoup said...

love this canvas ,Unity has such great stamps don`t they?

Unity Stamp Company said...

This is AWESOME!! LOVE all the colors!! Thanks for playing the TWEET Challenge!! :)

Anonymous said...

SO beautiful Maria!!

Anonymous said...

how fabulous and fun!!! thanks for playing along with the Unity challenge!

lisa a.

Unity Stamp Co Tuesday Inspiration!

  I'm up on the UNITY BLOG today sharing some cards I made using 2 stamp sets! I used the February background of the month called   as...