Saturday, February 6, 2010

Just Us Girls Saturday Challenge

Welcome to the 19th Just Us Girls challenge! This week our wonderful Tracey is our hostess and she has a fantastic sketch challenge for us.


This is a fun one with the circles. For this I used my plain and scalloped circle nesties. I also used this sketch for the color challenge at Stamp TV this week which were to use sage green, yellow, black and white.


Here is what I came up with:



Here is a close up:


I used the butterfly from the Gina K set called Take Flight and the sentiment from the set called Wishes & Dreams. Check out that little bird on the patterned paper isn't he cute? I just thought it would be great in that circle as if he is looking up at the butterfly. The "sage" colored pattern paper comes from a DCWV pack and the yellow is I believe Daisy Bucket. I used Gina K pure luxury black cardstock that came in my Organize It Stamp TV kit. I added little faux pearls to the middle of the butterfly and the upper right corner of the card.

Be sure to swing by the Just Us Girls blog for inspiration from the design team and swing by their own blogs:


Kristin


Pam


Dana


Lisa


Mona


Tracey


Alicia


Iwona Palamoutain (a.k.a Chupa) - Our Fabulous February Guest Designer


That's it for now!


Thanks for stopping by!


5 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful Maria!!! Love the colors you have chosen for this- and that butterfly how it just pops out of the circle...fabulous!!

AKiteFlier said...

Maria this is just lovely - great job with the STV color challenge - and I love the bird looking up at the butterfly. Super!

Lisa Kind said...

Maria, that butterfly is absolutely gorgeous! And I love the butterfly looking up at it! Very clever! The colors look great and you did a wonderful job with the sketch!

Mona Pendleton said...

Maria, this card is gorgeous! That big butterfly looks beautiful! Great job with this week's sketch!

Andrea M said...

So pretty Maria! Love the beautiful butterfly and your pretty patterned papers! Thanks so much for the inspiration!

Unity Stamp Co Tuesday Inspiration!

  I'm up on the UNITY BLOG today sharing some cards I made using 2 stamp sets! I used the February background of the month called   as...