Saturday, February 27, 2010

Stamp TV CSS Team - Tryouts

Gina K from Gina K Designs/Stamp TV has started a new way to search for their new CSS team each month. Now there will be audtions based of course on a fun challenge. This month Gina's challenge is to use a new set from the new release as well as 2 of the colors from the Spring Assortment of Pure Luxury Cardstock.


Here is my first submission :-)




This is using Melanie's new set called Pressed Flowers. This set is awesome because it contains all bold fun images but they are the same images as in the A Year of Flowers set. SOOOO... it makes for perfect 2 step stamping!! I didn't do that here since the challenge was to use a new set and I figured it should just be a new set only.

Here is a close up of the glittery flower:
The pure luxury cardstock I used is Creme de Menthe and Innocent pink. I also used the awesome digi paper called Wings of Hope also from this new release. In the corner I added a little square where I wanted a sentiment of some sort so I decided to just use one of the other sheets from Wings of Hope digi set as my "sentiment" square. I used nesties to cut out the mat of Creme de Menthe with the paper. The beautiful ribbon is ribbon that came in the Stamp TV Organize It kit from last month.

I was really happy with how this turned out. I used all GKD products except for the embossing powder. Funny story there.... I decided that I wanted one of the roses all glittery for the top. SO I said I'll use some Dazzling Diamonds (SU) because that is so nice and glittery! (are you going to hit me now?) I spent no joke about 20 mins trying to emboss the darn flower and it wouldn't work. Then I thought it was the way I was doing it, using the embossing ink then the pink ink. FINALLY LIGHTBULB and I realized that I was not using embossing powder! WOW, SMACK! Seriously it was tooo funny! I laughed for a while. I must have been a bit tired when I was doing this.

Anyhow, off this creation goes as an entry to the contest. I've also posted it on Stamp TV HERE. We'll see.

Thanks for stopping by!

Till later....

1 comment:

Melanie said...

tghis is ebautiful with the pink Dps! :)

Unity Stamp Co Tuesday Inspiration!

  I'm up on the UNITY BLOG today sharing some cards I made using 2 stamp sets! I used the February background of the month called   as...