Monday, February 1, 2010

My Favorite Things - Guest DT Contest

I decided to submit for this month's My Favorite Things Guest DT contest, the theme is "Think Spring". With all this cold weather this is an awesome theme to work with. I decided to use the "Happy Mother's Day" set. This stamp is now available as a digi stamp, how cool is that?

Here is my project:



I also wanted to show some other photos of the project:

Here is just the card:

I used lovely pattern paper by Memory Box and paper pieced the flower pot on all pieces of this project using Basic Grey. Dew drops adorn this card in the corners. And stickles (my favorite embellishement) gives the flowers a little sparkle!

The other "piece" of this project is a little wooden box that I got at Michael's. I painted it and put some pink pattern papers on the sides. On the lid I used the awesome Mother's Day image but layered it up. Inside I put a magnet that I made (using a bathroom tile) using the same image:


The magnet is layered with some crystal lacquer for sealing and an awesome shine.
I have to say I had a blast making this little Mother's Day gift set for this challenge. I love when you can put together a project and it comes together nicely just the way you wanted.

Thanks for stopping by!


2 comments:

Basement Stamper said...

maria, this is fantastic, love those little tiles!

Nicki(CSS) said...

these are adorable Maris - Love the full set :)

Unity Stamp Co Tuesday Inspiration!

  I'm up on the UNITY BLOG today sharing some cards I made using 2 stamp sets! I used the February background of the month called   as...