This month I'm participating in the Ranger Color Palette challenge. With it being Earth Day the color palette is Earthy tones. So I pulled out some greens, yellows, browns and got going on a 6 x 12. canvas.
I took a few pictures of some of my steps to share.
1. I took some paper from Tim Holtz Lost and Found 12 x 12 paper stash and adhered it to the canvas for my background.
2. I used Distress Inks in rusty hinge and peeled paint. I distressed the edges and the paper a bit using blending foam. I used a Dylusions stencil - Luscious Leaves for
the leaves on the edges.
3. Next I took the stencil I created from the Caged Bird die and did some stenciling using distress inks. I used some spiced marmalade and mowed lawn.
I created the stencil using stencil sheets I picked up at Michael's made by Plaid. These are great because it is a heavy plastic like a stencil should be and now I can use it over and over again.
4. I used stamps from the stamp set Boundless Flight in my background with some distress inks.
5. Using paper from the Lost & Found paper stash I used the caged bird die to cut the cage and bird out. . To them I stained them a bit with Aged Mahogany stain. Stamped on it with some black soot and stamps.
6. I used the Sizzlits Decorative Strip die called Stacked Artful Words to cut out the saying "enjoy the journey" again I used Lost & Found paper. I then distressed the words a bit with inks.
7. Now I pulled out my Tattered Florals die to cut some flowers. I cut some using the Melange Tissue Wrap and Lost & Found papers. Once cut I distressed all of them with distress inks.
8. I arranged all the flowers using the cardstock into an arrangement, used a brad to hold together and hot glued them in the corner.
9. I used the inked tissue paper florals "inside" the birdcage. I hot glued the birdcage to the canvas and added the bird.
10. Finally I trimmed the edges using Black Soot distress ink.
Here is my finished product:
Close up of the top part:
Close up of the flowers:
I really enjoyed making this canvas and I'm totally going to hang it up. Thanks Ranger for a great challenge!!