Saturday, August 22, 2009

My Time To Create Challenge

This week the theme for Lauren's My Time To Create TEMPLATE challenge is to use a back to school theme.

I had a busy week and did not get a chance to make something new using this fun theme. But I did use the Milk Maid Timeless Template not too long ago to make a quick gift card holder.

It was the night before I was meeting a friend for lunch and had gift cards for her daughters for their birthday. I wanted something cool to put it in so off I went to print the template and get crackin. Of course it was late (I know no excuses) so I didn't have much time and decided to keep it really simple.



Sorry my picture is not that great, remember I was in a rush with this one. Normally I would take alot more time with something like this. But I thought it was fun to post because it shows how simple these templates can be. Piece them together had some pattern paper and an embellishment and you have something cool to present your gift in. I didn't use the milk maid holder because I had 2 gift cards for 2 girls so I just went with the containers.


So be sure to hop on over to the other gals on the DT as I am sure they followed the rules and did something super awesome with the Back To School theme!

Lauren Meader
Alicia Weiman
Dana Gustafson
Jen Tapler
Kendra Wisenbaker
Kristin Bueter
Mackenzie Bruckler
Odette
Tamara Harder


Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

Alicia Weiman said...

Cute....love the non-traditional colors too!

Lauren (mytime) said...

Love it! I forgot that this template could be UBER cute for back to school goodies! Thanks for such a cute idea

Dana Gustafson said...

THat what it is all about...getting it done quick AND making it super cute! These milk carton containers are fantastic!

Kristin Eberline said...

Maria~

This just goes to show that simple is sometimes a GREAT thing! These turned out super cute, especially considering your limited time. I'm so jealous!! LOL I'm sure the girls loved their gift card holders :O) What a great idea.

AKiteFlier said...

Maria these are as sweet as can be! I have that template but have not et used it. Great project.

Unity Stamp Co Tuesday Inspiration!

  I'm up on the UNITY BLOG today sharing some cards I made using 2 stamp sets! I used the February background of the month called   as...