Friday, April 15, 2011

Friends with Flair Friday Unity Style

It's Friday and time for another fun Friends with Flair!! Did you see Lesley Langdon's tutorial this week? OMG, very cool! You can see it HERE at My Unity Place! SO I HAD to try this! Here is what I came up with:

I used the heart stamp from Love is Toxic and a sentiment stamp "Create it" from a store kit. I believe the 2010 one.


For the middle I did something a little different than what Lesley did in the video. I decided to match the ribbon from the edge and I just glued it to a little piece of cardboard and added a button. I used score tape to adhere it.


Well that's what I have for you today!!


So have you been over to MY UNITY PLACE yet? You have to come over and check it out! It's a great place to hang out and there is a chat feature which rocks!


Also be sure to pay a visit to this week's Growing in Unity gal - Martha!


Thanks for stopping by!


Be sure to swing on by tomorrow for a new Just Us Girls challenge!


18 comments:

Kate said...

This is so cool :0) I really must try it out.
Kate x

StampinCathy said...

I just love love love this technique and the colors are fabulous.

Anonymous said...

Totally awesome!
lisa a

Anonymous said...

Awesome Job!

Ashley Newell said...

Very cool, Maria!

Jennifer Roach said...

This is awesome :) I love Lesley's tutorials but haven't had a chance to play yet.

Linda said...

neat hat and great colors too!

Katrina Hunt said...

Oh FUN!!! I am dying to try this too!!! hugs, Katrina

Purple Princess said...

Super fun project!!

sharon g said...

Cute. I haven't tried it yet.

Carol said...

Fun idea, love the colors!



Carol B
ciaoitalia2007(at)gmail(dot)com

Beejay said...

Fabulous Flower!

Gwen said...

Super cute! I tried this, thought I could make the strip shorter and it totally bombed...that'll teach me to follow the instructions! I have another pair in the works!

Anne Tussing said...

Fun project! Love the stamping on fabric and the bright color!

jennifer mitten said...

This came out great!

Scrapcollectr said...

Looks a great technique to try! Your fabric flower looks great...
*smile*

Victoria said...

Super cute! Love your take on it!

Jessica said...

neat! I didn't watch the video, but now I want to! :)

Unity Stamp Co Tuesday Inspiration!

  I'm up on the UNITY BLOG today sharing some cards I made using 2 stamp sets! I used the February background of the month called   as...