Sunday, February 17, 2013

Unity Inspired Challenge

This month Unity Stamp Co has started a new awesome Unity challenge!  This is will be the official one and only monthly Unity challenge!  There will be a choice of 3 challenges in which you can mix them together or do each one or just do one.  There will be a card sketch, color inspiration and layout sketch.  The only requirement is to use Unity Stamps!

Well it's no secret that I LOVE LOVE Unity stamps!  I've been a fan since the beginning almost 5 years ago now! Angela the owner rocks and so does the entire team!  I'm honored to be helping out with their customer Growing In Unity program.  It's fabulous, each week a Unity fan gets to be featured on the Unity blog, receives a stamp set and gives away a prize!  This program is filled for 2013, that is how popular it is.  So, if you haven't checked Unity out you need to now!

For the challenge I decided to go with with the color challenge and made a canvas.  I've been loving mixed media and art journalling lately.

Here is what I came up with:


I used hot glue around the edges and to create the heart.  Then I painted using acrylic paints.  A bunch of stamping around using different Unity Stamps.  This bird is an older one and I'm not sure if it's still in the Unity inventory.  But the "dream" stamp is from the kit called Make Your Mark.  Some of the texture stamps you see (sorry you can't see it all in the photos) is from a kit called Bitty Backgrounds.  Within the heart I used a heart stamp from one of the great SMAK kits!

Here is another view:


The bird and vine (yes I know the vine should have been a little closer to the bird but I realized it once it all dried so I just went with it) are popped up and are on some grungeboard for dimension.  I stamped them on the grungeboard then paper pieced the bird with colorful papers.  The leaves I colored and then added some stickles for glitter.

My daughter saw this creation and I got her seal of approval so I figured it was ready to share!

Be sure to go check out the Unity Inspired Challenge and play today!

Well that's all for now!

Maria

7 comments:

angie blom said...

Holy sCRAP Girly... This is amazing!! I just love it Maria!! Woohoo!!

Angela Magnuson said...

THIS IS LOVELY, Maria! :) so, so FUN seeing a canvas piece for the CHALLENGE! HOORAY! Thanks for participating and THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING that you do for UNITY - you are SO VERY MUCH APPRECIATED! :)

Kerry said...

Beautiful canvas piece! Love the heart and how you used the stamps.

Laurie said...

I actually like the way the vine is a little distance from the bird but still follows the line of its belly! I love mixed media too and this canvas is beautiful!

Gaylynn said...

OMG. I adore this artwork. Beautiful detail and amazing color. You're so talented!

Emily said...

it is great!!! nice work!!!

Andrea Murdock said...

Maria- I always love your creations and this one is no exception! Your creativity astounds me. I love this heart and bird creation- divine!

Unity Stamp Co Tuesday Inspiration!

  I'm up on the UNITY BLOG today sharing some cards I made using 2 stamp sets! I used the February background of the month called   as...