Friday, March 29, 2013

Unity Friends with Flair Friday / Art Journal Friday

Unity Friends with Flair Friday / Art Journal Friday

Happy Friday everyone! So today I had all the intentions of sharing another journal layout but my kids were sick most of the week so I didn't have the time to finish it.  I did however get a background done so I thought I would at least share that along with another video.

Here is what my background looks like.  I took 2 Unity background stamps.  These aren't the big ones they are the smaller ones.  Using Rangers Perfect Medium I stamped the backgrounds any which way and using Clear Embossing powder I heat embossed the images.  Then I took 3 Dylusions sprays and sprayed away (sorry the yellow bottle is not pictured below).  And the end result was a nice resist.  I did a resist technique on a card recently and thought why not in my journal and with my sprays.




ETA:  So this morning I was able to work on more of the journal spread and wanted to share the part I did finish:


So is it truly finished, we shall see.  I have some stuff going on on the other side as well to complete the entire thing so as I finish the whole thing I'm sure I'll play with this side some more.  SOOO.... I will share the entire finished version for next week's FWF!

To this page the Pink I used is the Hero Arts NEON inks, LOVE THEM!  And I stamped the "title" on a ATC sized Canvas sticky pack by Ranger.

Now for the video.  This is a short video sharing the different type of journals that I have.  The majority of my stamping in general uses Unity stamps so odds are most stamped images you see in the video are Unity.  This video was actually part of my first video I posted last week but I cut this part out so I apologize for the abrupt start to it.  I'm still learning how to edit.  But more importantly I need to figure out why it's grainy.  My original raw video was clear and fine, then I brought it into iMovie and that's when it became grainy.  I used a webcam to record and I wonder if it's not a good one to use with a Mac because its features are limited now that I have a Mac.  Anyhow....  I'll keep trying to figure that out.




Now in other news, I'm organizing a Art Journal Blog Hop which will probably be at the end of April. So if anyone is interested in participating please let me know!  If you already art journal or you want to try come join us it will be fun!

As always I appreciate you stopping by!

Maria

16 comments:

Angeline Choo said...

this is so so pretty Maria! Love your art journals.

Sherry Butcher said...

Great to see the Art journals and the way you made the page, Wonderful.
I'm starting on a Art Journal so I'll be back. TFS.

Linda said...

what a neat and awesome color on the journals.

Ruby said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this. TFS

Mary said...

Another great page!!! Love all the colors and stamping.

Tameko said...

Hi Maria,

You did a fabulous job with your pages. I will have to try this in my art journal. I enjoyed the journals that you shared in your video. I would love to join in your art journal blog hop!

Tameko
www.creatingmypeace.com
tmbmays@gmail.com

Paula-Scrap Addict said...

love this!

Kris B said...

Love your art journal! Have a blessed Easter!

Diana Fernandez said...

your journal is beautiful! I have been going a little nuts in my journal with the dylusions inks as well!

Edna Morrisedie said...

Lots of colour and stamping, just perfect!

Julie Odil said...

I love the bright, yet soft background colors of this page. And, I love the dragonflies going across the pages. So cool! Beautiful!!!!

Cynthia said...

Very cool background, Maria.

Lucy E. said...

These pages are beautiful! I want to try some resist techniques and get into more mixed media. Thanks for sharing!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Seems to be the year of neons, and you have captured it beautifully in your pretty journal!

Karen (karey2005) said...

Your journal is fantastic! Love it!

Miwa said...

This is beautiful! Love those dragonflies especially!

Unity Stamp Co Tuesday Inspiration!

  I'm up on the UNITY BLOG today sharing some cards I made using 2 stamp sets! I used the February background of the month called   as...