Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Art Journal Backgrounds

Hey there!  I wanted to share some in the works journal pages I shared yesterday over at Mixed Media Mojo using Dylusions Paints.  These are the current colors (this is a pic of mine).  Dyan released 6 more amazing colors at CHA 2016 so I can't wait for those!


Here are some backgrounds I worked on last weekend during the East Coast blizzard we had:

 On this page I used a circle stencil to create the colored circles.  Then while watching TV I grabbed a micron pen and add the shapes and doodles.  I'm sure I'll mess around more here but this is what I have right now.


 Yeah I am kind of liking circles and circle stencils.  so here we have more colored circles like above.  Then I thought I can fill in the white with Dylusions black paint.  Well, I did around all the empty spots and then thought it was too annoying to get in between the circles etc.  I supposed I can mask them but just went with it.  Used a white Signo pen to doodle.


On this page (which is the 2nd page in the book because I skip the first page :-) ) I used my fingers to paint.  I was inspired by a youtube video by Maremi.  The circles here are from using some punchenella which is the waste sheets after sequins are punched out.

As you can see these are all pretty simple and basic but just fun to create with no real goal in mind. I'm excited to just keep playing, try out some new ideas and techniques etc. Next up I was checking out some Gelli Plate videos and pulled out my 6x6 plate to create with.  I'll share some pages soon.

Come on over to Mixed Media Mojo and check out our current WINTER themed challenge!   And today on the blog newest Design Team member Jannet shares a technique using Bleeding Tissue!

Till later!!!

Maria



No comments:

Unity Stamp Co Tuesday Inspiration!

  I'm up on the UNITY BLOG today sharing some cards I made using 2 stamp sets! I used the February background of the month called   as...