Monday, October 17, 2016

Mixed Media Mojo Spooky Fun

I'm up on Mixed Media Mojo today sharing my simple composition notebook journal.  Using a compo book is a great way for anyone to just let go and have fun.  So don't be intimidated to get started in art journalling.

This year I signed up for a class by Joanne Sharpe called Artfully Inspired Life.  It's a year long class where each month she shares a fun alphabet, a mantra and some journalling ideas.  For this I used the recommended more expensive book but wanted somewhere to practice lettering.  My friend and I decided on a compo book and got started with decorating the cover and glueing pages together (Since the compo pages are rather thin) then adding washi tape around the sides.

Here is my front, very simple nothing fancy just paper and washi tape, then I used packing tape over it to protect the papers. (mind you this is NOT a journal I ever intended to share it was meant to just play around in and practice and not care if pages looked good or not)


All the pages in washi:

I was so addicted to getting all the pages taped up it was fun and I love how it looks!  So recently I created a Halloween/Spooky page and thought what the heck I'll share it.  There's something about this book that I just love.


The background was me just messing around with Recollections Color Splash Watercolor crayons and Distress Crayons.  Just want to test them out etc. I used some Unity Stamp Co stamps and the cats is actually a stamp from the Michael's dollar bin.  Tim Holtz Halloween Stencil and rub ons.  I just had fun messing around and playing with this and since it fits with our theme this month I thought I'd share.

This is great for those of you who are intimidated by making art or art journaling.  Take that inexpensive compo book and just play around with supplies you have on hand.  Start by going through your notebook and glue every two pages together that will provide some stability. I used a glue stick.  Then just get started.

Thanks for stopping by today and be sure to play along with our current challenge over at MIXED MEDIA MOJO!

Thanks so much!!


Maria


2 comments:

Jaydee said...

Maria, I LOVE your page - those cats are hysterical. They remind me of King John as depicted in the Disney version of Robin Hood - he had that same look. Great job and thanks for sharing
hugs
jaydee

Deb said...

Wonderful Maria, great journal page and love the idea of using the composition book, the washi tape bound edges look fabulous! Deb xo

Unity Stamp Co Tuesday Inspiration!

  I'm up on the UNITY BLOG today sharing some cards I made using 2 stamp sets! I used the February background of the month called   as...