Friday, May 17, 2013

Friends with Flair!

It's Friday and time for another Friends with Flair Unity Style!  Be sure to check out the great new releases and sales this weekend at Unity Stamp Co.

A little while ago I picked up a Dylusions Journal.  Everyone seems to rave about it, I LOVE the Dylusional sprays and Dyan Reaveley rocks!  But at first I'm not impressed with the journal.  I played around with a paper background then some sprays and stencils and then just left it along because the paper seemed to curl a bit etc.  Anyhow, I will continue to play with this journal regardless.  Perhaps it's just me.

Here is my layout:


So the background I started with scrapbook/cardmaking papers.  I added lots of stencils as well.

All my stamped images are by Unity:

JOURNEY like no other - The butterflies
Becoming Butterfly - The sentiment on the right
Layers of Life kit - The ruler around the edges
Jumprope - in the background

I used my white gel pen on the butterflies.  The butterflies were stamped and painted with a thick acrylic paint.

Here is a picture I took of supplies I used:


Here are the 2 pages:



On these pages I decided to test out some new spray that I picked up this week at Michaels - Radiant Rain.


This stuff is really pretty.  I tested it on this blue cardstock and it glittered and shined amazingly.

I didn't capture it this fantastic on my journal page but you can see the glitter here you can see it a bit:


I tried to originally mask around the butterflies and try to use it on the butterflies to make them sparkle but that didn't take.  I'm thinking maybe it doesn't like the paint, not sure. I will definitely use it again and maybe do a dark background.

Alrighty I think that covers it!  If you like to art journal come join us on Facebook at - MIXED UP MEDIA CHIX - ART JOURNAL GIRLZ

Thanks for stopping by!  Till tomorrow and a new Just Us Girls Challenge!

Maria

17 comments:

Kris said...

Very pretty.

Angeline Choo said...

Maria, stunning as always!! LOVE it! so colorful and gorgeous.

Kary said...

Wow, Maria, I LOVE the colours on your page!! Bright and so pretty! It looks like a modern batik print. The butterflies are gorgeous too. Great job!!

Emily Keaton said...

Maria, your journal page is so bright and beautiful! I love those fun colors. So creative!

Julie Odil said...

I love the bright colors and the butterflies. So pretty!

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

Your journal page is bright and so pretty today Maria.

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

wonderful journal page!

Gaylynn said...

More beautiful journal art of yours. The butterflies mixed with the background elements and sprays look so pretty together. :)

Ruby said...

I think this journal page is wonderful. Great work.

Linda said...

your butterflies are super pretty!! they really pop out with the colors.

Diana Fernandez said...

awesome journal page!! I love all you've done!

NoraAnne said...

So pretty! I love the brick background!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Gorgeous pages! Thanks for the product demo, also!

Lindsey said...

Wow, Maria, your art journal work is stunning! You have combined everything so fabulously.

JPScraps said...

This is Gorgeous!!

Miwa said...

How very beautiful! :)

Tameko said...

Hi Maria,

Your pages are full of beautiful colors, and yummy details. I am have been gessoing the pages in my Dylusions Journal...But before doing that I put duct tape along the center. It works for me because, I don't like when the liquid seeps thru the spine. I have been having a ball with Twinkling H2O's, but I have not tried that spay. Luv the sparkle.

Unity Stamp Co Tuesday Inspiration!

  I'm up on the UNITY BLOG today sharing some cards I made using 2 stamp sets! I used the February background of the month called   as...