Friday, May 31, 2013

Unity Friends with Flair Friday

Hey there!  I've been a slacker this week.  I totally want to get on the ball with my blog but it's been super busy with the kids and school stuff.  They are in school until June 27th!  But this weekend I'm going to the Heirloom Show so that should be fun.

OK so I don't have a finished project that I said I would from last week.  If you saw my FWF last week I posted half a spread I was working on and of course I never did finish the other half.  You can see that POST HERE.

Then on Tuesday I posted for art journal Tuesday a background I created as a base for a page.  I was going to use this butterfly for the page:


I didn't quite finish the spread BUT I did play with this awesome butterfly using embossing powders and Angelica Fibers!

First let me share with you the embossed butterflies:


My thought is to emboss maybe 2 of each color and use these on that background page.

This is an Ranger Adirondack embossing powder in Stream.

Ranger Magenta Puffs embossing powder. Flock/fuzzy texture.


Judi Kins Lemon Twinkle embossing powder. Glittery texture.

You can totally see the difference in the different powders it's soo cool!  Then I added some distress inks to these butterflies:



THEN I remembered I have this stuff called Angelina Fiber.  I purchased 3 little bags a long time ago at the Heirloom Show I am attending this weekend.  I believe then it was in the Class Act booth.  Anyhow, I haven't used it at all.  I remember trying it when I got it but never did anything with it.  So I tried with this fantastic bold butterfly and here is how it looks:






It was hard to capture it well on camera but this shows it.  So I can trim the excess fibers around the butterfly and use them in my journal.

Alrighty, that's all I have for today.  SOrry I don't have a completed project but I thought it was fun to share these techniques with you.

Have a great weekend!

Maria

18 comments:

Kary said...

Hi Maria! The butterflies look Awesome!! Can't wait to see you use them on your art journal :) Come to think of it, I think I have some Angelina fibers somewhere... Have a great weekend!!

Ruby said...

Gorgeous butterflies. I am sure you will create many pretty projects with them. Love that stamp.

Gwen said...

These are gorgeous! I've not heard of this stuff before!

Julie Odil said...

Thanks for showing the difference in those embossing powders. Wow. I would never have guessed! Can't wait to see those fibers trimmed away. They will look AWESOME in a journal!

Linda said...

ho my word what cool butterfies these are awsome

Emily Keaton said...

WOW!! Maria, those butterflies are SUPER cool. I've never seen that technique before. They will be perfect for your art journal!

Marilyn Nimmo said...

WOW...I haven't ever seen that product or that technique. Thanks for sharing.

Angeline Choo said...

Angelina fibers ? How did u attach it to the butterflies ? These are gorgeous !

Kris B said...

Gorgeous butterflies! Love the big, bold images!

Gaylynn said...

Thanks for showing us these different techniques. Very cool with the fibers too. :)

libbym said...

Thanks for sharing your wonderful creation!! Gorgeous!

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

Now somewhere in my many hidden places of stash there are Angelins fibres lurking. I am inspired by what you have playd with and I now need to start hunting! TFS

Beejay said...

Well there is a new product ! Pretty butterflies!

LauraEva said...

WOW!! Thanks for showing us those gorgeous butterflies!!! I *think* I may need to get some Angelina fibers! :)

JPScraps said...

I never knew there was a Puffs embossing powder. The fibers look so cool. No project but great info. Thanks!

Miwa said...

Thanks for the information! I've "pinned" it. Love those butterflies! :)

Martha said...

WOW, your butterflies are beautiful, Maria! Pretty colors.

Tameko said...

Wow, beautiful...Such a unique product!

Unity Stamp Co Tuesday Inspiration!

  I'm up on the UNITY BLOG today sharing some cards I made using 2 stamp sets! I used the February background of the month called   as...