Monday, July 7, 2008

Birds of a Feather

This weekend I have been playing alot with my new Unity Stamps. Today I have to show you some cool things I did with the Bird's of a Feather kit.

This cutie is stamped on... wait for it.... (yes a sitcom quote can you guess which one?).... a bathroom tile! Yes the little 'ole hexagon ones you can buy at Home Depot that come in sheets. These birdie stamps fit perfectly on there. SOOO.... I stamped using black stazon and allowed sufficient dry time (I think you can heat set it if you want). Then I colored in using permanent markers (Bic) and added Stickles! Can you guess what it is?? A magnet! WOO HOO!! Isn't that the cutest? This is the back with the magnet:

This little tin I had from work from a few years ago when they gave out tins of mints to everyone (I don't know maybe they were trying to tell us something). I collected a few and it came in handy for this little project. I used my nesties to cut out a scalloped circle in Regal Rose then the stacking smaller one from a glitter DCWV stack pack. I used the flowers I had that I picked up at Michael's in the bridal section and I colored the flowers with my Copics. It was that simple and made a cute little gift for a friend.

I couldn't stop there with just one magnet! SO I continued on my journey and made a set of 4! Now I am thinking what a cute gift set this would make. So in my stash of alterable goodies I found a little box that I picked up at the dollar store. I decided to decorate it so I would have something to give this gift in.

To decorate the outside of this box I used paper from scrapbooking kit by Melissa Frances. The birdie on top was stamped on a little punch out from this kit. Again I colored with copics and added Stickles. I also added the flowers again colored with my Copics.

Here is a shot of the inside with the magnets safely tucked in. I used a circle punch to make a little hole for the magnets to sit in.

Sorry for so many photos but I just wanted to share it all with you.


Finally here it is shot of the whole project:


Thanks so much for stopping by. I have to tell you I had a blast making this project. Doesn't it make a cute little gift? I think I'm going to give it to a friend with a bottle of wine for her birthday. Wait I should also give her my wine charms! LOLOL!

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask sometimes it's hard to type everything out.

Till later.....

BTW: My sitcom reference in case you didn't know was from "How I Met Your Mother". :-)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The tiles are gorgeous, and the whole project is awesome!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Wow these are so sweet, awesome job.

Betty: Reflections with Coffee said...

Congrats!!!!

Erin McKinney said...

I love how you packaged these cute tiles!

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is super cute!! What a great idea!

Unity Stamp Co Tuesday Inspiration!

  I'm up on the UNITY BLOG today sharing some cards I made using 2 stamp sets! I used the February background of the month called   as...