Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Unity Ladybug Wine Charms


I have had a blast working on this little project. I decided today to take my awesome Ladybug image from Unity's kit called "Cute as a Bug" and make wine charms or wine markers. You know those cute little pieces of "jewelry" for your wine glass so you know which one is yours?

Now I know you are going to remember this... Shrinky Dinks! Oh yeah! I used shrinky dinks, literally! Ok you can use regular craft shrink plastic, but I had the "real" thing in the house. So I stamped the bugs on them (Staz On) and colored in using my Bic Permanent markers, cut them out and punched a hole. Now the fun, stick them in the toaster oven and watch them go! LOLOL!!! That was fun. I then put them on little jump rings I got at Michael's in the bead/jewelry making section and had a "wine charm" loop, added some beads and I was good to go.



Of course next I had to have a cool box to store it in or to give as a gift. I will admit I had a small box on hand which I covered with some Cosmo Cricket paper. To the top I added a bug image all colored, glittered and cut out and some of those awesome flowers (colored with markers) from the Michael's bridal section.


Phew did I cover everything? If not ask away. I really enjoyed making these little guys. I was going to wait till my new Unity stamps arrived but I was itching to play and though the bugs were the perfect size to shrink down for this reason. Of course each bug is a different color because that is the purpose of the charms, each charm has to be different and color usually works well.

<


Well that's it for now. Thanks for stopping by.

Till later....

4 comments:

Lynda Benden said...

This charm set and box are just darling Maria! I love it! Great job!

Lesa said...

What a cute set! You did a great job on these. They would be a super fun gift!

Jennifer_GlitterInMyHair said...

These are just too cute. What a great gift!!

Jennifer Buck said...

What a beatiful set! LOVE this! It's super cute! ;)

Unity Stamp Co Tuesday Inspiration!

  I'm up on the UNITY BLOG today sharing some cards I made using 2 stamp sets! I used the February background of the month called   as...