Saturday, October 30, 2010

Just Us Girls Saturday Challenge!

Before I get to this week's JUST US GIRLS challenge I wanted to wish my fellow JUGS DT member KRISTIN and VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Enjoy Kristin!

The challenge this week with Just Us Girls is a fun one. At first I was very skeptical but once I tried it I loved it! This week the challenge is burnt edged fabric flowers. Here is a great link to a tutorial by Simply Vintage Girl to help you get started. Don't be afraid but be careful. If it's too hot for your hand then use some metal salad thongs, that is what I did and that worked great.

But you don't have to use this burning technique to play along, just make a fabric flower of your choice for the challenge.

Here is what I came up with which also happens to be this week's Unity Sketch Challenge.



Close up of flower:

My sentiment is by Unity Stamp Co.


Be sure to check out the Just Us Girls DT:

Featured Designer, Selma Stevenson!









How to play: You need to upload your project for this week's challenge to your online blog or public photo gallery. Leave a link that goes directly to your project in the Inlinkz form at the bottom of the post on the JUGS blog. If you upload to online galleries, please also use the keyword or tag, JUGS57.

Deadline to be considered for the weekly "Chic of the Week" is 9:00 PM EST on Thursday, November 4. The Inlinkz form will close at that time. Our top pick "Chic of the Week" will be announced on the following Friday morning.

That's it for now!

Till later...

5 comments:

AKiteFlier said...

Oh Maria - your flower turned out SO lovely. I like the open center - it's the prettiest fabric - I'm so glad you decided to try it after all - you rocked it!!

Anne Tussing said...

Super great! Your flower is awesome!

Jessica Diedrich said...

GORGEOUS! I LOVE that flower!

Dana Gustafson said...

Oh Maria! This turned out beautifully! I love the pink and black combo on your card.

Andrea M said...

Absolutely gorgeous fabric flower!!! It just looks so fabulous! What a great job Maria!!!

Unity Stamp Co Tuesday Inspiration!

  I'm up on the UNITY BLOG today sharing some cards I made using 2 stamp sets! I used the February background of the month called   as...