Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Total Sweetness


So I finally ordered my first set from the Sweet Stamp Shop!  I've been meaning to for a while now.  I love it!  I got the new set called Happy Bugs!  Why is it bugs drawn as stamp images are so darn cute?  When really I hate bugs! :-) I will definitely order from SSS again for sure.  Nicole ships so fast!  I ordered last Thursday and received the shipping notice not long after on the same day!  My stamps arrived in my mailbox on Monday!

I have taken the course with Junelle Jacobsen and Christy Tominlinson called The Wild Art of Abandonment.  I have to tell you I LOVED this course in Mixed Media!  Junelle shares and encourages sketching a lot!  I have been doing just that a lot!  She shared lots of great journal pages and techniques.  Then Christy shared how she altered an old wallet with that I was hooked!  I pulled out eye glass pouches and old wallets.  I went to the dollar store and bought new ones to alter!

When I received my Happy Bugs I decided it would be fun to alter one of my very old well worn out wallets using this set!  But I really wanted a flower on my wallet and guess what this set has a "petal" and a circle which is perfect to Build a Flower!

Check it out:

The butterfly is part of the set as well.  The dots you see is from punchenella using stazon ink and I "doodled" along the edges.  I covered the finished project with a glossy gel medium which gives it a nice finished look, a shine.

Here is the back somewhat simple:

And check this out see how OLD and awful this wallet was:


Next I need to add some color to the inside to jazz it up!

Well that's all for now!  I am also working on some cute cards using my new stamp set which I will show later!

Thanks for stopping by!


Maria

No comments:

Unity Stamp Co Tuesday Inspiration!

  I'm up on the UNITY BLOG today sharing some cards I made using 2 stamp sets! I used the February background of the month called   as...