Saturday, May 24, 2014

Just Us Girls Inspiration Challenge!

It's Saturday and time for a little JUST US GIRLS CHALLENGE!  This week is photo inspiration week.  



So I have been playing with Washi this week thanks to the Paper Crafts open auditions for Gallery Idol.  

Here is what I did for this challenge:


I've also been messing around with watercoloring which is what I did with these flowers and my distress inks.  The black and white background is the washi.  I just covered a scrap piece of white paper to create it.  Not pictured is the Tim Holtz watercolor paper I used with the flowers and Swiss Dots embossing folder.  The black ribbon is random from my stash and it's grosgrain ribbon.

Supplies:


Be sure to swing on by the Just Us Girls blog to see what the entire team cooked up and go leave them some love!

That's all for now!


Maria

9 comments:

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Great idea to use the washi tape on the background, love it paired with the Swiss Dots. Beautiful watercoloring on the flowers, they are stunning.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Great water coloring! It looks so good with the b & w! Wonderful inspired card!

Lisa Kind said...

So pretty Maria! You are getting really good at watercoloring too! Love that washi tape background too!

Marisa said...

Love the striped paper and fabulous flowers.

Sharyn Polesel said...

Beautiful card, Maria! Love the Washi background and those gorgeous flowers!

Barbara said...

So pretty, and I love the used of water color on this card. Good idea to use washi tape for the strips. Thanks for the nice comments on my blog too.

Betty Wright said...

Beautiful! Love the washi background and watercoloring. The sentiment placement is fantastic, too!

Nancy said...

The tape was a great idea for this challenge Maria! Well done for sure...have a wonderful weekend!

sue t. said...

Wow- that was washi tape! Love that!!! Great watercoloring too!

Unity Stamp Co Tuesday Inspiration!

  I'm up on the UNITY BLOG today sharing some cards I made using 2 stamp sets! I used the February background of the month called   as...