Saturday, February 27, 2016

Take a Leap with Just Us Girls!

It's photo week at Just Us Girls!
I took inspiration from the colors but also the word leap and thought of FROG.  But GUESS WHAT?  I couldn't find a frog stamp in my collection.  Seriously!  I know I wouldn't buy one really but I still didn't believe I couldn't find one.  I'm sure there is one somewhere buried in all the wooden stamps I have stored and don't use anymore.  SO since I wanted to use a frog and couldn't find one I decided to make one.  I like carving stamps it's pretty cool.  Of course I never (not sure you can with hand carving) get them carved so they print really crisp but to me that's the beauty of hand carving.

Here is my card:
The sentiment is from Unity Stamp Co.

Here is the carving:


Be sure to swing on by the Design Team to check out their wonderful creations:


Pamellia - Feb Guest
Come play along with us:
How to play: Please copy and use our graphic on your post. You need to upload your new project [no back dating please] for this week's challenge to your online blog or to a public photo gallery. Leave a link that goes directly to your project in the Linky Tools form at the bottom of this post. If you upload to online galleries, please use the keyword or tag, JUGS #332 . After you post to Linky Tools you may also leave a comment here. We ♥ love hearing what you think of our challenges! Deadline to be considered for the "Chic of the Week" is 9:00 PM EST on Thursday, March 3. The Linky Tools form will close at that time. Our "Chic of the Week", will be announced the following Friday morning. 

Thanks for playing along. We can't wait to see what you create for Just Us Girls! Please limit your entries to 3.

Thanks for stopping by!!!

Maria


7 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

CA-UTE frog!

Ina G said...

Cute is right! Love the sentiment. I don't have a frog stamp either lol

Deb said...

So impressed you carved your own frog stamp, I agree that he is adorable! Deb xo

Nancy said...

Brilliant idea to make your own stamp! Great job Maria!

Sharyn Polesel said...

Super cute frog! I can't believe you made that! Well done!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

That frog is so darn cute and you are so talented! If I tried to make my own stamped it would have all of you scratching your heads trying to figure out what it was. Love the embossing and patterned paper combo, too.

Lisa Kind said...

I just love your carved stamps! This little frog is just so adorable! You are very talented!

Unity Stamp Co Tuesday Inspiration!

  I'm up on the UNITY BLOG today sharing some cards I made using 2 stamp sets! I used the February background of the month called   as...