Friday, September 12, 2008

HIP HOP!


Yesterday was HIP HOP Thursday in the Unity Forum! It was a blast, that I hardly had time to stamp! One of the challenges tossed out yesterday was to make a red, white and blue card in honor of 9-11. Definitely a fantastic challenge. I was just able to complete mine today. I decided to pull out the Recipe Assembly kit and used the pie from it. OK, so they say Apple Pie is all American this one is Cherry, whatever! Pie is pie, and this one was perfect since Cherries are red!

I used a pretty simple layout didn't follow any specific sketch challenge or anything. This is just what came together. I used lots of glitter! I used Christmas Red Stickles for the pie and blue glitter paper by DCWV. The ribbon I had on hand from Michael's, gotta love the dollar stuff there. And the background is the Distressed Dots stamp of course by Unity!

Well that's it for now!

Till later.....


3 comments:

fishlips said...

This card is stunning, I just love the cherries, what a great cards...

Tiff said...

This is such a great card! LOVE the stickles and the ribbon!

Lesa said...

ACcckkkkkk! Glitter! Yummy!

Unity Stamp Co Tuesday Inspiration!

  I'm up on the UNITY BLOG today sharing some cards I made using 2 stamp sets! I used the February background of the month called   as...