Tuesday, September 30, 2008

SCS COLOR WASH CHALLENGE


This week's SCS Technique challenge was to use a color wash over your embossed image - "Batik-The Colorwash Way ". I used Ranger color washes (Lettuce and Stream) for this one. Due to my lack of time I used them straight from their bottle which gave me a very vibrant look. At first I was very unsure if I liked what I did but in the end it came together nicely in my background. The SCS instructions called for using clear embossing powder but I used white instead. Breaking the rule, breaking the rules! LOLOL!
Here is my version using a butterfly from Unity's Beautiful Butterfly and the images on my "Batik" piece are from Unity's Oh Happy Day. My background colors are by Stampin Up: Tempting Turquoise and Certainly Celery and the Swiss Dots embossing folder for the background.

Thanks for stopping by!

Till later...


3 comments:

Tiff said...

Very cool!!! I love how it turned out!

Cindy Haffner said...

Maria, this is gorgeous. I love how you did that background. I'm always to lazy to do stuff like that, but i sure love the results.

Kerry D-C said...

this is stunning!! great colors!

Unity Stamp Co Tuesday Inspiration!

  I'm up on the UNITY BLOG today sharing some cards I made using 2 stamp sets! I used the February background of the month called   as...