Saturday, May 3, 2008

Summer Lovin Challenge - Mothers & Daughters Creations

Happy National Scrapbook Day!!!!!


"Summer Lovin had me a blast" I just had to! Come on you know you are a Grease fan as well, I can't be the only one! I love that movie must have seen it a few dozen times!


As many of you know the first Saturday of May is National Scrapbook Day! Many stores around the country are hosting events to celebrate. Mothers & Daughters Creations design team is celebrating as well. Be sure to stop by the other team members blogs to see what creations they have to share. We didn't limit ourselves to just scrapbook pages so it should be fun!

Here is a scrapbook page of my little dude and dudette. I will admit I'm not a big fan of Summer (I hate the heat!) but I really liked how this page turned out in the end. The one thing that bothered me was that I couldn't put the base through the Cuttlebug for a background effect because it doesn't fit. My base is Stampin Up Bliss Blue and I used Wild Wasabi under the cool Imaginisce patterned paper. I cut out a glittered beach ball and used my SU scalloped punch and wild Wasabi paper. I started with an SU base of Bliss Blue. Check out the fabulous summer glitter paper I used by Imaginisce. MDC has alot from this awesome line check it out here. I punched out the flowers on the lower right and added a glitter brad. Check out the yummy popsicles, that is a stamp by Imaginisce and I used Stickles for the glitter. Did you know that MDC now carries Ranger products! Stickles is indeed one of them, check it out here... If you haven't tried them yet but like glitter it's awesome stuff without the mess of using glue and then the glitter. The sentiment I printed out on the computer.


My second creation for the MDC "Summer Lovin" challenge is an altered item. I purchased this adorable adirondack chair at Michael's. It was plain wood. I started by painting it using an acrylic paint. On the seat of the chair I used a piece of paper from Imaginisce called Cool Pool Chatter. The sentiment on the front is a rub on also by Imaginisce found here. I love this awesome summer line, it's so much fun. I stamped the two penguins (also by Imaginisce here) I colored using Prismacolor markers. Can you see the stickles??? Oh yeah, I used green stickles for her skirt and orange stickles for their nose and feet! And let's not forget the popsicle which has some glitter also! Check out the full line of stickles here. The "gems" and the ribbon I picked up at Michael's. The white flower is also from MDC. Finally, I sat the chair on and against some cool Imaginisce paper to achieve a summer beach atmosphere. Did it work? Does it look like they are hanging out at the beach with the water in the background on a cool beach towel???

SO what do you think? Are you ready for Summer???

Don't forget to stop by Lynda, Tamara and Jennifer's blogs to see what they have created for National Scrapbooking Day.

Also be sure to stop by the Mothers &Daughters Creations store for some great deals! Check this entry for some awesome details on some awesome deals at MDC!

Thanks for stopping by, now go scrapbook!


Be sure to stop in later I am working on another altered item using some awesome paper by Best Creations.


Till later.....


5 comments:

Lesa said...

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa That chair is stinking cute! I love your summer stuff! I get to go see Grease on Broadway this Friday! I can't wait! I think it is going to be up there with Wicked, Lion King and Phantom! Yes I have seen them all plus a few others. My hubby has a business trip and we get to play for a few days too! You just got me excited to be there! Thanks for sharing.

Jennifer Meyer said...

LOVE the page Maria and the beach chair is adorable. Everyone looks like they are having fun in the sun! LOL :)

Have a great weekend, Jennifer :)

Anonymous said...

What a cute page! Yuor kids are very sweet too!! I'm so excited to see some scrapbooking along with the cards - you really did a great job! And the chair - OMG!! That is so stinkin cute - I'm headed to Michaels this week to see if I can find one! Thanks so much!

Lynda said...

Oh my gosh Maria, that chair and penguins is AWESOME! You are so creative! What a great idea and let me tell you, your page is fantastic!!! Your kids are just darling!

~Lynda

Marilyn said...

Wowww Maria - you are supaaa creative - Love the chair - it is adorable!! And the page is amazing too!!

Unity Stamp Co Tuesday Inspiration!

  I'm up on the UNITY BLOG today sharing some cards I made using 2 stamp sets! I used the February background of the month called   as...