Friday, November 20, 2009

Gina K Stamp TV Blog Event

Today is the day of the Stamp TV Blog Event! Many STV members will be playing along via the Mr. Linky on Gina's blog! We had to make something using a set from the last release and I used Festive Frame. I decided not to make a card so I altered a small wooden frame I got from Michael's and created a little "decoration" for the house.




I painted the frame in a burgandy color leaving it looking slighty weathered. I used the corners of the stamp for the corners of my frame. I have to say I was not sure which way I wanted to go with the beige showing through. I didn't want to cut it all so I just went with the flow. Of course in person it looks a bit better. I used a gloss modge podge to seal it which gives it the shine.

Be sure to swing on by Gina's Blog to see who else is playing along!

Thanks for stopping by!

Till later....

33 comments:

Melanie said...

wow what a gorgeous frame! love the different coored leaves on the poinsettias. that painted wood is just beautiful!! yeah!!

Melissa said...

So pretty! I love the colors you used!

Lee said...

OH gosh what a spectacular frame!!!

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous frame, Maria! Love the beautiful holiday colors!

Anonymous said...

Very nice.. striking colors.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

This is a beautiful frame. I love how you painted the wood and how you used the frame.

Karen Knegten said...

What a great idea. Love what you did with the frame!tonerlady14

Mary Duffek said...

So pretty! Fabulous frame. Thanks for the inspriation.

Selma said...

Oh Wow. Your frame is gorgeous.

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Very pretty!

Jennie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
joy said...

painted wood technique - is so "Christmassy" - great job!

Jennie said...

Just love your frame Maria! So pretty!!!

Misti said...

What a gorgeous frame!!!

Giovana said...

Beautiful Maria!!

redwasher1 said...

Maria, your frame is gorgeous!! Geri

Theresa Momber said...

Oooh, gorgeous frame!! Love it!

jude said...

So pretty love the colour combo and this set has to be my fav!
hugs judex

NinaB said...

Wow, your colors are fantastic, so perfect for Christmas!

buggin2stamp said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Scrapacat said...

What a sweet gift this would make. Beautiful!
~ky

Christi said...

Wow! This is gorgeous! I love the beautiful frame you made!

Janice M said...

Pretty frame!

AKiteFlier said...

Fabulous Frame Maria and you were FIRST to post - WOo hoo - good for you!! SUper job. Thanks for the sweet comment.

Tina said...

That is beautiful!!!!

Cat Tidwell said...

this is such a stunner Maria!! I just LOVE this!

Joan Ervin said...

What a beautiful frame...The festive frame images look sooo pretty...they give your frame a rustic, elegant look!!!

Patti J said...

What a beautiful idea! Your frame is just gorgeous! Thanks for sharing - I would never have thought to stamp on wood!

Katy said...

Love this frame, it's beautiful!

Brenda said...

Beautiful!

Linsey R said...

OH wow, that is gorgoues!! I love the rich burgundy base--goes so beautifully with this set and its striking poinsettias and pinecones! A wonderful addition to any holiday home!

Sharri said...

Beautiful frame! The colors are awesome!

Allison Cope said...

Beautiful project Maria!

Unity Stamp Co Tuesday Inspiration!

  I'm up on the UNITY BLOG today sharing some cards I made using 2 stamp sets! I used the February background of the month called   as...