Monday, September 15, 2014

The Mixed Media Card Challenge


Have you played along with The Mixed Media Card Challenges yet this month!  This month is the theme of Autumn Colors and an optional element of Metal or leaves and we have a sponsor this month:



Prize: $15 gift certificate


Here is what another card I came up with:


SO this card started using spray inks on the background.  I wanted to share what type of ink I used.  First of all have you heard that Tim Holtz is releasing distress stain sprays? I was excited as I love sprays.  But then it dawned on me I have a bunch of digress stains I hardly use and why the heck have I not put them into spray bottles before!

So then this was happening this weekend, I poured the distress stains out of their dauber bottles and into mini misters!  I used one of those metal cake decorated tips as my funnel and it worked GREAT!


So I used a Metal Leaf!  The metal is from our sponsor Add A Little Dazzle!  Go check it out great thin colored metal sheets. The stamps are from Unity Stamp Co.



Thanks for stopping by!

Maria

2 comments:

Loll said...

Beautiful card Maria. Love your sprays in the autumn colors ... isn't it great when we realize we can use something we have in a whole new way??!! Love the stamped trees --- so pretty and perfect backdrop for your gorgeous metal leaf. Loll xx

Ina G said...

Love the bright vibrant colours on your card Maria - it is a stunner. Fabulous finish.

Unity Stamp Co Tuesday Inspiration!

  I'm up on the UNITY BLOG today sharing some cards I made using 2 stamp sets! I used the February background of the month called   as...